Saturday, February 21

prayer walk love

Today is a celebration within our home as we mark the 10th birthday of a daughter!

A decade of life!

A decade that began with one of my most favorite labors. My doctor at that time was one of my favorites who brought a wonderful spirit of relaxation to the whole birthing process and thinking back to her presence during the delivery brings a smile on my face.

Ahhhh, yes, that part was wonderful.

The next part was, ahhhh, challenging.

What a baby! She began her life with a holler that continued strongly for the first year of her life. Sleep was not part of her life - nor mine either - as I tried every single trick in the book to help her settle, yet what often happened was that she and I ended up crying together. How could I not figure this baby out? After all, she was my eighth baby and I was experienced mother!

Humbling.

Totally humbling.

My life with her was one of prayer prayer prayer prayer walk walk walk walk love love love love. Not much different than what you do with any baby....I just did a lot of those three things with this baby. An excessive amount. And my heartstrings grew just as excessively.

She thrived and grew....as did I....as did her seven siblings at the time. (As a side note, it's interesting to look back and remember that her oldest sibling was a senior in high school when she was born and our first home school graduate. We took him to college when she was six months old and she cried the whole six hour route trip there! It was during this trip we FINALLY got her to somewhat accept a pacifier.)

Yes, she thrived and grew and is now ten years old. Still a tendency toward whining, yet with many other delightful characteristics that cause me to smile rather than cry.

So with thankfulness and heartstrings still firmly in place, I can say with joy, "Happy birthday, sweet girl!"

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Tina said...

Happy Birthday!! A decade! I can't believe it has gone by so fast.

theArthurClan said...

Your story completely reminds me of my experience with my daughter. Wonderful birth experience...very trying first year of no sleep! Gotta love 'em. :)

Happy Birthday to her...hope you have a wonderful day together.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin