Saturday, February 7

the rest of be still

"There has hardly been another time in the history of the world when stillness was needed more than it is today, and there has surely not been another time when there was so little of it or when it was so hard to find." ~ A.W. Tozer

So true, eh?

Yes, the verse is well known..."Be still, and know that I am God." ~ Psalm 46:10a. But have you ever taken time to read through all of Psalm 46? Take a moment to do that and ponder whether it was any quieter then? Mountains quaking and falling. Waters roaring. Nations in an uproar. Kingdoms falling. Desolations upon the earth.

Sound like today? About the only thing left out is all the technology in our faces all day long from computers to cell phones to iPods to game systems. It all keeps our minds ever going and swirling and pondering.

Yet it in the midst of it all, the psalmist calls upon us to cease striving. Cease striving so you can know God and who He is as you read the rest of that verse...."I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10bc)

Knowing the rest of the verse is enough to keep me from striving when I consider our nation in the current fear driving uproar.

Just keep repeating....God will be exalted....God will be exalted....God will be exalted.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Trinity Mommy said...

Thank you for sharing this! I needed to read this today, truly uplifting!

Kimmie said...

And He will ...and He is.

I have 'Be still and know that I am God'... on a plaque that hangs in my kitchen...a good reminder to me always.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Karen said...

good stuff! I'm thinking I'll have to start saying that along with my "God's will is sovereign" and "God is never surprised" mantras.

enjoy the day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin