Tuesday, February 10

a simple note

"A handwritten, personal letter has become a genuine modern-day luxury, like a child's pony ride." ~ Shana Alexander

Recently I had a surprise from the post office....a REAL handwritten letter! It is a rare treat nowadays, isn't it? It came from a faraway friend who wrote in response to our family Christmas letter as well as catching me up on life in her home. It truly was a blessing to receive a letter that I know took precious time by the author.

Before the internet, letter writing was one of my favorite pastimes. Upon receiving this letter from a friend, I realized how I much I needed to restore this long lost art of mine as it has definitely faded from my life. And once again it comes down to how I use my time. Priorities. Besides, I am a stationary-a-holic and really have no excuse NOT to be writing notes and letters using my stash of papers, notecards, and awesome pens :-)

Take a moment today and write a note to someone! Such a simple way to share a blessing!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

theArthurClan said...

That really is a special treat isn't it Tammy? What a good reminder to all of us.

A. said...

What a special treat! I started making my own cards - partly to keep myself busy in the winter when I can't play in the garden, partly to force me to keep up with my penmanship. I store all the cards and letters I've received over the years - it is such a blessing to pull out a cheery card when you need a smile :)

Allison

mom said...

Allison, that is such a wonderful idea! Our pastor recently mentioned keeping a file of letters of encouragement to pull out when a moment comes that a sweet note of encouragement is needed. I do keep those on my desk, but they gradually get boxed away with a collection of other things. I think I need to keep them ALL in a special place!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin