Monday, February 16

simple woman's daybook for February 16



For today February 16

Outside my window.....
the skies are blue, the sun is shining, and it was below zero again this morning when I went to Curves.

I am thinking.....about how quickly babies grow up! MUCH too quickly!

I am thankful for.....
a little granddaughter who sings about letting the dogs out which will keep me giggling for quite awhile.

From the learning rooms.....
we are learning to measure with a ruler, reviewing the different forms of pronouns, doing a spelling review lesson, learning how the different glands in the body function, and writing a narrative essay.

From the kitchen.....there will be made a bowl full of buttercream frosting with pink and red decorating sugars for heart cookies.

I am wearing.....black exercise pants and a long sleeved white shirt. The shower is my next stop.

I am creating.....
one list which will combine all the little lists I have all over the place. Perhaps I'll get more done that way?

I am going.....
several places this week after staying pretty close to home all last week.

I am not certain what I am reading.....next as over the weekend I finally finished up the book I've been reading the past few weeks.

I am hoping.....
for some solid answers to come from a son's doctor's appointment.

I am hearing.....a bunch of birds chirping out by our bird feeders. I LOVE that happy sound!

Around the house.....we've organized everything back to normal after having family as guests for a week.

One of my favorite things.....chit chatting with the gals at Curves in the mornings. There's always a good story or two told that is worthy of a chuckle :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week.....
getting back to our regular routine, AWANA tonight, a couple different appointments this week, and a birthday at the end of the week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....


LinkHere's a sampling of the cutter sugar cookies I mixed and baked yesterday. Tonight is "Give your heart to Jesus" at AWANA Club, so I thought these cookies would be the perfect treat for my Chums. I'll frost and decorate them later this morning :-)

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go to Peggy's Place.

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

7 comments:

Evening Shade Morning Latte said...

What a delicious looking photo!

Jodi said...

Love your picture thought!!

Jerralea said...

Guess we all love cookies around here!

Have a wonderful week! I enjoyed reading your daybook.

Tina said...

I need to get up earlier. . I missed the clear sunny sky :(
Your chums will love your cookies!

mom said...

Yes, it is cloudy now, isn't it? And I hear there's snow flurries coming. At least I got a glimpse of the sun this morning!

If I have an extra cookies, I'll pass one on to your little smiler, Tina :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

theArthurClan said...

Your cookies were perfect for your Awana meeting! Did the girls all enjoy them? I'll bet you didn't get to take any home with you. :)

mom said...

The girls loved those cookies with the pink frosting! If I have any leftover cookies, they tend to get eaten by the non-Chums the moment I walk through the door! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin