Monday, February 23

simple woman's daybook for February 23

For today February 23

Outside my window......we have clear blue skies and a big ol' orange sun came up at sunrise. It was also around MINUS twelve degrees when I went to Curves this morning. When will it ever warm up?

I am thinking.....about the next thirty days.

I am thankful......that I am not a Hollywood movie star.

From the learning rooms.....we are learning to measure with a ruler, reading about the Civil War, practicing writing skills using exact and vivid adjectives, using ratios in algebra, and scheduling an ACT.

From the kitchen.....I have to bake oatmeal bullet cookies for my Chums and a birthday cake for tomorrow.

I am wearing.....a long sleeved white top and my exercise pants as I haven't showered yet.

I am creating.....a slim photo album for my son to take with him to the army.

I am going.....to Wal-Mart this afternoon to take my kids shopping for a brother's birthday.

I am reading.....before bed each night Secure in the Everlasting Arms by Elisabeth Elliot.

I am hoping.....for sunshine and warmer temperatures this week.

I am hearing.....the clock on my desk tick as the children are all still sleeping.

Around the house.....we have winter snow gear scattered as everyone plopped things down as we got home last night.

One of my favorite things.....is a quiet house!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....shopping and AWANA Club today, a birthday celebration tomorrow, traveling for training on Wednesday as well as a Bible study early in the morning and one in the evening, and the arrival of grandchildren on Thursday for a long weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

Yesterday was a Winter Family Fun Day for our church hosted by a local Christian camp. There were a wide range of activities to choose to participate in such as tubing, ice skating, cross country skiing, broomball, snowshoeing, sleigh rides pulled by horses, or just sitting indoors by the fire knitting (how come I never get to do that one?!) At the end of the afternoon was a wonderful time of fellowship as we had a chili dump and a wonderful selection of other food to eat with it. This picture is of my littlest before she went down the tubing hill by herself =:-O

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go to Peggy's Place

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

10 comments:

Evening Shade Morning Latte said...

Looks like she was having a blast!

Hootin' Anni said...

She looks like she's having fun....but ohhhhhh, so cold. Guess that's why we retired to the south, we both dislike snow so much anymore. LOL

My Daybook is posted for today, won't you join me? Click Here

Donna Boucher said...

How adorable is she!!!!??

stephseef said...

wish we lived close enough to hang out for an afternoon at good old Fort!!!

:)

i just got an invite to lead worship there in October... if I can fit it into the calendar, that is, maybe there's a latte in our future!!!

mom said...

Steph! Would that be for the women's retreat? We toured the Gathering Place last night...it would be an amazing place to hear you lead worship! Oh oh! I do hope you can work it out :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Tina said...

Come to the retreat and you can be the one sitting by the fire knitting :)

My Journey said...

I love Curves! I worked for them for a while and loved the atmosphere! Thanks for sharing your day!
Carolina

mom said...

Yes, I could! Of course, EVERYONE can sit by the fire and knit at a women's retreat...there'll be fighting for the best seat! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

theArthurClan said...

Your Winter Family Fun Day sounded like so much FUN! What a wonderful activity for your church to do together.

(You all need to stop talking about a get-together with Steph...now I'm getting a bit *jealous.*) ;)

mom said...

Perhaps you could take a little trip, Angie? Lots of beautiful photography in this area....*wink*

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin