Thursday, March 26

the LEAST favorite sign

Time to interrupt all the wonderful cheery talk about spring coming (insert last year's picture of flowers coming up).......

.....to talk about another common sign of spring found in this woodsy location.

Yes, let's talk about my absolute LEAST favorite sign of spring on a day when it's only around 30 degrees, there's snow in the forecast, and spring still seems like it'll be at least another six weeks until arrival.

Yup, ten minutes ago my husband pulled the first wood tick of the year off the dog. A WOOD TICK! ALREADY! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Puuullleeeeeeeazzzzze tell me we don't have to start checking for deer ticks and wood ticks on pets and people already!

:::::THUD:::::

Quick! Someone hand me some chocolate so I can get through the rest of the day! Better yet, supply me with enough chocolate to get me through until it actually is spring! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


5 comments:

Tina said...

Last week the "R" girls babysat for us and warned us to check the kids as Bri already had one. YUCK!! They are absolutely my least favorite thing as well!!

mom said...

{{{Tina}}} I know how much you hate those critters and your little woodsy area seems to have so many. Now you can be glad you don't have a DOG bringing them into your house!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

ChiGirl said...

SICK!!! I hat them! They make my skin crawl. They are NOT my little buddies!

Letitia said...

Ugh. We live in the woods, so we encounter lots of those here, too. We've been out of town the last week, and it's been raining since we've been back, so no one has been outside much. Daniella (the youngest) seems to be a tick magnet.

mom said...

I just wish there was a way to minimize the ticks outdoors, but it would probably would have to be something chemically produced which wouldn't be good either. Even if we aren't outside much, the dogs bring them in like a free taxi :-p~

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin