Thursday, March 5

notes of thanks


As I spent a good chunk of time yesterday more seriously cleaning off my desk, I was blessed by the little notes I ran across. They were caught up in the piles of papers instead of carefully placed in the nook where I like to keep them. What a blessing it was to read each one! I am thankful that someone took the time to write a few precious words of encouragement to me which linger on paper for me to read. Typically they stay in the nook on my desk until that gets too full, then I move them to a basket on my bedroom dresser until that gets too full, and they get moved to their final resting place which is my personal storage box in the garage. However, I do like the idea my pastor shared about keeping notes of encouragement in a folder that can be pulled out at any moment, especially when going through a difficult and challenging time. Perhaps those notes which have blessed me the most could have this special place of honor instead of being mixed in with so many other things in my storage box.

Just as I am thankful for the notes received by other, what a wonderful reminder to take a few minutes to write others a note of encouragement! We never know how much of a blessing it may be!

This month Thankful Thursday is being hosted by Lynn. Do take a moment to stop over and see what everyone else is saying on this Thankful Thursday
Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

There is just something about a written note, isn't there? I have some that are at least 13 years old and my most favourite ones are ones received from some of the youth kids while we were youth leaders in our church. (maybe because they're more rare than the others!!)

Denise said...

I love getting notes from people, it blesses me.

Sweet Blessings said...

What a great idea! May the Lord bless you this week! Amanda:)

Kimmie said...

Hi Tammy

I have a vintage suitcase, that I tuck under my bed. It is fillled with notes from friends and I pull it out on sad or dreary days...an instant joyful heart -always nice to get a note of encouragement.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

mom said...

Letters from youth group kids say VOLUMES about you, Tammi! Way to bless those that have passed through your life!

Kimmie, that is such a good idea, especially during those times when you'd love to pack a suitcase and getaway. Instead open the suitcase and be blessed! And I have to share that YOUR note was one that I ran across on my desk. It certainly brought a smile to my face! (((Kimmie)))

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin