Wednesday, March 11

picture this

The question is....can an old dog learn some new tricks?

The digital camera I've had for quite awhile died a sudden death a couple of weeks ago when the display screen went out. I looked online through all the problem solving areas for the camera I owned and determined it was not something I could rectify or get repaired and decidedly declared the poor thing officially dead.

As a mom who has taken LOTS of pictures through the years and has many photo albums, being without a camera wasn't an option.

What to do?

First, make sure we were getting a tax refund and check with my husband to see if a portion of it could cover the purchase of a camera. Once that was approved, I began my search.

Kind of.

I decided that it was an overwhelming task and contacted an amazing online photography friend, Angie, who is one of the co-owners of IHeartFaces. She very kindly sent me the link to a wonderful point-and-shoot photographer who has wonderful tips over at Ree's place - Pioneer Woman. From there I did a bit more researching and finally made my decision.

Canon Powershot SX10 IS

Having always used Canon cameras - with the exception of my first digital camera - I was pretty excited to order this camera. And even more excited to get it in the mail late yesterday.

And now that it's out of the box.....I'm terrified! YIKES! As I look at all the buttons and everything that comes up on the display screen, there's obviously a whole new big learning curve ahead of me!

But I'm so so excited at the same time. I'd love to learn some new photography skills and hopefully get better at cutting off heads....hee hee...

So bear with me and my picture taking in the days ahead....PLEASE!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


7 comments:

Heasleye said...

WooHoo, Tammy! :) Yay for the new camera! Let me know if I can help with anything. :) Have fun!!!

mom said...

Thanks, Elaine! You, too, are an amazing photographer who I wish lived next door so you could teach me the ropes :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Mrs. E. said...

Yeah!! I'm sooo excited for you Tammy! This is on my wish list. You will loooove it!

Tina said...

Can't wait to see your IHeartFaces entries ;)

Tina said...

Hey, I didn't know that you put your ring on your left finger, Tammy.
Craig :) Nice Reverse Image!

mom said...

Probably won't be good enough to do any IHeartFaces entries except the fix-em-up type! And Tina, don't tell me you let Craig on this account, too! LOL! I better go see if he's changed your FB status...hee hee!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

randi said...

This is fun! Best wishes as you practice and figure your new toy out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin