Thursday, March 26

shift into PARK

TODAY was the day that my husband was going to take all the kids to Grandpa's house for the day. They were going to spend the day in Grandpa's workshop cutting and carving and sanding their AWANA Grand Prix cars. They've been looking forward to this time to spend with Grandpa and the bonus of getting lunch at the little local A & W Restaurant.

TODAY was the day that I was going to get several hours alone to myself in my house to do whatever I wanted to do. The plan was to catch up on a few things around here that are impossible to do with all the moment-by-moment interruptions that happen to me within the span of a day. I've been looking forward to this time of quiet refreshment since it is such a rare treat.

TODAY was.

Today will now be spent with everyone at home as we shift our AWANA cars into PARK. As the family was waking up this morning it appears we have a *bug* that is hitting a few people. I'm not sure if it's the *bug* my college son so generously brought home with him last week or it's the *bug* that I've heard is going around town.

:::::sigh::::

Guess I have to do a Paul and forget about what lies behind and press on to what lies ahead, eh?

Hope you have a good day whether in drive or park!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

theArthurClan said...

Ugh - that is not good Tammy! We've been battling it for weeks around here and I'm am hoping and praying that it is now behind us.

Hope you're all feeling better soon!

randi said...

It is hard to change gears, especially when free time for mom was expected!

I do hope your group gets better quickly and that you and your hubby stay well!

Tina said...

Hope it is the quick version of the *bug*

Letitia said...

Ugh. I hope everyone is well quickly. Maybe a "rain check" for mom?

mom said...

The sunshine in the clouds is knowing that they STILL have to get those AWANA cars worked on, so someday next week I should get the blessing of some quiet time here.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin