Monday, March 23

simple woman's daybook for March 23


For today March 23

Outside my window.....
the skies are mostly cloudy with the anticipation of a breezy, rainy day ahead.

I am thinking.....about how quiet our household will become this week.

I am thankful for.....my family and dear praying friends.

From the learning rooms.....we hope to get back on track after doing minimal schooling last week.

From the kitchen.....
I'm tired of cooking, but will bake my AWANA Chums a cookie treat for tonight. Good thing there's rain and cool weather in the forecast this week as I'm hungry for a simmering pot of chili!

I am wearing.....
my black exercise pants and a Curves t-shirt. Time for my shower!

I am creating.....floss bracelets.

I am going.....to decide on the last couple of things in my garden order so I can get it sent in the mail!

I am still reading.....Secure in the Everlasting Arms by Elisabeth Elliot.

I am hoping.....that we don't get the nasty *bug* that is going around right now!

I am hearing.....
my girls quietly talking at the kitchen table.

Around the house.....we have a couple boxes to go through and things to put into storage.

One of my favorite things.....
are the smiles and laughter of my kids when they are all together.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....
AWANA Club tonight, Bible studies this week, training at the pregnancy resource center, AWANA Games practice on Friday, and AWANA Games on Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

This picture was taken over five years ago of one of my older sons and our littlest one. This morning we kissed and hugged him good-bye as he headed off to Basic Training far from home. My heart is sad for this little sister who is too young to understand this big change in her life. She will miss this big brother who loved her so! (but he did leave behind his Nintendo DS for her to use at mom's discretion....I'm not sure I'll tell her that yet!)

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go to Peggy's Place

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

How precious!

ChiGirl said...

Great--just when I had conquered the teariness, you go and post THAT picture!!!

theArthurClan said...

Your photo is making me mushy inside...what a precious moment you captured.

A Gracious Home said...

I remember years ago when my daughter and son in law left for boot camp. Your children are great looking. I hope you have a wonderful week. God bless, Doylene

Blog Widget by LinkWithin