Tuesday, April 21

awaiting spring


My world is blanketed today
in silent white
that fell without a sound
all through the night.
It padded every crooked rail,
it carpeted the lawn,
transfiguring each naked twig;
and with the dawn
I smiled to see,
upholstered and serene,
the children's swing
beneath the tree,
incongruous in this wintry scene
...awaiting Spring.

~Ruth Bell Graham

Obviously Ruth was a much better woman than myself as I didn't smile when I looked out the window this morning. All though it snowed all day yesterday, the snow was melting in many places where it landed and only slightly sticking on the ground. The colder temperatures and the continued snow throughout the night resulted in this morning's scenery. It is still snowing and the wind is a blowin' right now. The forecast is for this to mix with rain this afternoon as we get above freezing. Oh joy! And to think, less than a week ago on a bright sunny warm day the girls were running through the sprinkler just a few short hops away from the snowy swings of today....

May YOUR garden weather be much more delightful than mine!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

I feel your pain, sister. You KNOW I feel your pain!! And we've never even been warm enough to run through the sprinkler yet!!

mom said...

You know, I looked out and I can't even SEE the sprinkler in the yard...the poor thing is buried! Let me know when you finally get spring so I know it's coming my way! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

theArthurClan said...

Oh Tammy, I would have had the same thoughts and non-smile as you. It's cold here, but at least we don't have snow. I should be thankful for that!

Here's hoping that you'll have 80 temps tomorrow that will melt that snow away. ;) Of course, then you'll have a big muddy mess to deal with. {sigh}

Kimmie said...

S*N*O*W!!!


Yikes, stopping to pray for you...poor thing ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Amy said...

Oh My Goodness! I think I would have fell on the floor in tears if I woke up to that! I is only beautiful in my eyes about the first few times, and NOT in April...LOL! Hang in there :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin