Friday, April 10

can we even imagine?

This morning we were reading about the visit which the Queen of Sheba had with King Solomon in the book of Second Chronicles chapter nine. I was caught by verses five and six:

"She said to the king, 'The report I heard in my own country about your achievements and wisdom is true. But I did not believe what they said until I came and saw with my own eyes. Indeed, not even half the greatness of your wisdom was told me; you have far exceeded the report I heard.'"

Don't you think that someday when we enter the gates of heaven we will feel the same way when we finally do meet God? Although we talk about how awesome and amazing and incredible heaven will be and read about the glow that Moses had from his encounter with God, do you really think we can comprehend the greatness of it all? Perhaps our reaction will be much like Queen Sheba's and we'll say, "I heard about heaven and my Heavenly Father and believed it to be true, but not until I walked through the heavenly gates and saw with my own eyes that only a small portion of the glory of God was told to me for what I am experiencing far exceeds anything I could have ever imagined."

And this thought passed my mind again this afternoon while attending a Good Friday service. As we walked through Scripture following Christ's final walk, one of the last verses read was Luke 23:43 - "Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'"

Paradise.

Can we even imagine?

I will try to withhold my "ALLELUIA!" until Sunday (thank you, Steph, for your worshipful thoughts on that topic) and instead be sorrowed by the cost. The burden of the sins of the entire world placed on the shoulders of the only One - Jesus Christ - who could sacrificially pay the price.

Can we even imagine?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


3 comments:

Letitia said...

I think you are most definitely right! We can't even begin to imagine.

wonderloveandpraise said...

ATTA GIRL!!!!!


:)

theArthurClan said...

I can't even imagine...but I love the parallel you found to the passage in II Chronicles.

What a day that will be!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin