Thursday, April 23

it's simple

"We have no right to judge where we should be put, or to have preconceived notions as to what God is fitting us for. God engineers everything; wherever He puts us our one great aim is to pour out a whole-hearted devotion to Him in that particular work." ~ Oswald Chambers

To read these words is always timely for me! As a mom who has been home full-time for a long time, there are stretches of time when the daily grind can get rather monotonous boring repetitious worthless fill-in-the-blankous. And my attitude about things can get rather, um, indifferent.

And yet.

And yet THIS is WHERE God has placed me no matter what *I* may think on a given day. He created and designed everything in the universe, so who am *I* to question where He engineered me to be or what job He engineered me to do?

My one great aim on a daily basis should be to put my whole-hearted effort into this particular job....MOM....and to do it with a PASSION because of my devotion to Him.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might....." ~ Ecclesiastes 9:10a

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." ~ Colossians 3:23

Pretty simple, eh?

Now go and DO IT in YOUR garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Luke said...

It's simple, yes.

But often hard to do.

May we find joy in resting in where God has put us to work.

~Luke

Blog Widget by LinkWithin