Thursday, April 30

a lesson on history

If you ever have an invitation to go through The Truth Project Bible study, DO IT! It is a twelve week study presenting a Christian worldview on twelve main areas that are being challenged by the culture of today. Each week is quite in-depth and will make you think hard as you solidify your faith in the true God.

Our most recent study was on HISTORY which is an area that I'm unexpectedly enjoying more and more the longer we homeschool (I know, can you believe it?!). It was fascinating to see the power of historical revisionism which has been happening actually since the beginning of time.

One of the Scriptures referenced with this lesson was Isaiah chapter 46, most specifically verses 9 - 11: "Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."

God is sovereign. His plan is HIS STORY.

The more I've pondered this over the week, the more clearly God is showing me that it isn't about my story. At all. We can certainly get caught up in our lives and how important they seem to be, can't we? My story is a speck of dust in the immense history of the world.

It takes me back to what my purpose is and that is to bring glory to God in all I do. To be willing to go where He takes me as His purposes will stand. Forever.

Digging some deep furrows along my garden path this morning, aren't I?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


5 comments:

Luke said...

Tammy, I've heard really good things about the Truth Project.

And that is a great point: May we not get caught up focusing on ourselves. I know I do it far too often. Instead, may we have the wisdom and insight to see how we can bless others.

~Luke

Amy said...

I don't know how familiar you are with me, or my homeschooling story, but your post just spoke volumes to me! I have had this crazy struggle off and on, wether or not I should do public school (ours is actually a pretty good school...) or keep my children home.

I originally started investigating homeschooling because my oldest son has life-threatening food allergies, but the more time and effort (and prayer, of course...) I put into it, I am starting to realize that God wants me to do this for Him. Maybe he gave the food allergies to us as a blessing in disguise. Everytime, lately, that I turn around, I hear Him speaking to me, like He just did through your post!

theArthurClan said...

"My story is a speck of dust in the immense history of the world." What a truth that is Tammy...

A great reminder that it's what we do for Him that really matters.

ValleyGirl said...

My husband and I want to buy those videos for our church. We've had several weeks' worth of VERY interesting discussions in our adult Sunday school class lately, and I think we all need this refresher course!

mom said...

Thanks for sharing, Amy! I got :::Godbumps::: reading what God was doing in your life.

Tammi, I'm not certain but I *think* you have to go through the class before being able to purchase the videos or leading a study. My husband and I hope to do that next fall. Last night's tour was on sociology and it was so so good!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin