Saturday, April 4

the seeds of your heart

"A seed hidden in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible." ~ a Welsh proverb on my gardening flip calendar

How often do you eat an apple and consider the wonder of the seeds? It is quite amazing when you think about apple seeds and the power they hold to create orchards. Of course, our attempts to start apple trees from those seeds have never been successful and I tend to think God has a lot more to do with the process of orchard development than me.

How often have you looked at your children and considered the wonder of who they are? It is quite amazing when you think about them and the power they hold to touch the world for Jesus. Of course, the longer you parent, the more you realize that we are only one part of foundation building and God is the one who does the most work in our children. He will take the work we've done, cover with His grace all our parenting mistakes, and then shine through them wherever they go touching a multitude of lives once they leave our homes.

Continue to be a steadfast gardener in the lives of your children who are like seeds planted firmly in the heart of your life. Faithfully water, fertilize, thin, and prune as needed. Don't fear the winds that blow for those very things will cause them to put their roots deeper into the love of God. And above, use the most powerful tool available - PRAYER - for the Master Gardener is accessible at a whisper for garden consultation!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Karen said...

One of my favorite sayings is, "you can count the seeds in an apple, but you can't count the apples in a seed." Of course, the older my children get, the more concerned I become about the "apples." (I've spent a lifetime wondering if I told them not to stick silverware in a plugged in toaster and the like.) :)

theArthurClan said...

I look at my children in wonder every single day Tammy. Even when they are driving me crazy, I just can't believe that God gave me the privilege of being their mother.

Every time I stop by here, I go away encouraged. Thank you for that...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin