Thursday, April 16

sniffling can be good!


Perhaps? Possibly? Maybe?

Could spring really be arriving here?

As the weather has been sunny this week and the high temperatures have climbed into the 60's, I'm cautiously optimistic. Although there's still snowbanks spotted in the yard and along the driveway indicating winter is still here, there was a friend sitting next to me at Bible study last night sneezing and sniffling with :::drumroll::: spring allergies! I apologized to her for being so happy about the arrival of spring, but she said she'd manage with her allergies if it meant winter was over.

Although I do enjoy summer and fall, we have such LONG winters that my heart dances with joy when spring arrives! Could there be a season that more vibrantly shouts, "GOD!" as new life is seen everywhere while creation comes alive again? The Creator of all is busy reminding us of His presence in a world that seeks to ignore Him.

"Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth." ~ Psalm 108:5

YES!

If you have a heart full of thankfulness today, be sure to share it with
others by linking over at Laurie's who is hosting Thankful Thursday!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

10 comments:

Genejosh said...

I love summer but it's too hot over here in Thailand...I also like to experience winter...

God is really awesome and can be seen even in seasons.

ChiGirl said...

I found a new verse I like, Isa 61:10, "For as the earth brings forth her bud, and as the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." :-) Happy Spring!

Laurie Ann said...

I guess the allergies are really worth it to see the newness of spring. I'm glad you posted this - makes me thankful in a whole new way. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Lisa said...

We're excited to have temperatures in the 60s today so we can go to the park again and enjoy the beautiful weather. Though my allergies are coming, it's worth it to experience the springtime of life.

Raye Ann said...

Yeah Spring. However I wish we would get a little snow from time to time.
Blessings

Denise said...

Spring is so awesome.

LAURIE said...

I love springtime but unfortunetly with change comes the sniffles and red eyes. But I am thankful for the change of seasons! Thanks for joining us today for TT! -Laurie

mom said...

Thank you to all who have stopped by on this thankful day!

I'll have to look that verse up as it's wonderfully perfect for the season!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Rita T. said...

Springtime always encourages me!

theArthurClan said...

I am so happy to see signs of spring here...but, for me, that does mean allergies too. I'm so thankful for claritin non-drowsy! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin