Tuesday, April 14

the swirling un-block

Hitting the pillow totally wiped out last night, I anticipated sleeping in this morning. It came as a surprise to wake up on my own early this morning instead of by a feverish child like the last few mornings.

So I jumped out of bed, did a mom's fever check on the two youngest, got dressed, and went to walk at the high school for an hour.

With only a few other walkers this morning, I was able to ponder and pray. And ponder some more and pray some more.

Refreshment in its finest form!

Once back home and settled in at my computer, I started writing. Taking a break to refill my coffee cup, my husband and I met in the kitchen by the coffee pot and talked a bit. Coming back to the computer I had lost my train of thought, so I started writing a new post about something else that I had been thinking about this morning. Interrupted by a dog barking and needing to get up to see if it was a valid bark - it wasn't....as usual - I realized I had lost my train of thought about what I had been writing and began writing yet another new post. One of the girls wandered into my room to give me her health update this morning and when I returned to my writing, well, guess what? Once again, I put the current post into the draft file and began writing about something else I had been pondering this morning. Then I noticed a pamphlet on my desk and realized I had something else I needed to write about instead.

See the pattern?

My mind is swirling! I'm not having a writer's block, but in fact could easily put up five or six or maybe a dozen posts today!

Perhaps fortunate - or unfortunate? - for my readers, our schooling was sadly neglected yesterday due to other things which had the priority of my complete attention, so my writings will sit in the draft file until another quiet moment....

At least I have a draft file full of ideas for when that quiet moment happens!

Have a good day in your garden filled with swirlings of the nicest kind!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


5 comments:

Letitia said...

I guess I fall under the block category. I cannot think of anything that would be of any interest, no wise words, just empty! On top of that, all of my former blog friends have disappeared, and I find myself writing to myself. That might be okay, but I really want to share something of use....and I want blog friends! LOL. I'm thinking this is a season...a brain dead season, perhaps, but a season....wondering what the Lord is changing. : )

theArthurClan said...

I can't wait to read your thoughts in future posts...all those wise words saved up for a day when we need them most! :)

ChiGirl said...

Yup. I've got similar problems with my posts. I've got about 4 started or half finished posts...But there's always a squeal, cry, summons, phone call, crashing sound, door bell, etc.... At least I'm not alone. :-)

Kimmie said...

Happy drafting...for me a draft means something that never gets posted...I have several in my drafts of blogger. Hope and pray that the same doesn't apply to YOU.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

mom said...

Thank you all for your thoughts about blogging and blocks and drafts! As for now, my "extras" are still in the draft folder...we'll see what ends up happening to them!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin