Saturday, May 16

fishy changes

Last night my husband decided to take a chance on some fishing. It seemed the weather was changing which can be a good sign for fish to bite. The clouds were rolling in, the wind was blowing, and their were raindrops in the air.

And he was right! He came home with his limit in walleyes and my mouth watered at the thought of an upcoming fish fry.

But my mouth wasn't the only one watering. Our old cat Sophie has always sat right by her fish filleting master. And although her health is failing in many ways, she has not lost her love for fresh fish scraps.

Her purr could probably be heard in every part of the house as she watched her master's hands swiftly fillet the fish and her intentness was paid off well when the scraps came her way. Indeed, one would not have seen a more happy contented cat last night.

And my husband was right on another count. The weather has changed. We woke up to darkened skies, strong blustery winds, and snowflakes falling! YIKES! A definite disappointment in our mid-May weather :::sigh:::

My hope is that Sophie will not be my second disappointment this morning. May all the fresh fish scraps she gobbled up last night have stayed down and not caused problems on the other end either. 'Nuff said about that matter.....

May spring actually be alive and well in your garden this morning without any distracting disappointments!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

10 comments:

keri said...

Ooooh! What a good picture capturing Miss T!! I love it. :)

Karen said...

snowflakes? sigh. Sometimes it seems spring will never get here and stay here. We have had buckets of rain lately and I keep reminding myself that come August I will be longing for rain. However, if it makes you feel any better, the cottonwood trees are sending their little white puffs out so heavily that it looks like there is snow on the ground in parts of our lawn. Hopefully, today will be warmer for you.

mom said...

It is a good picture of her, isn't it? :-) I'm guessing she'll still be hanging in there over Memorial Day weekend when everyone comes home.

Thanks for the support, Karen. I think I'd rather have your rain than this snow!

ValleyGirl said...

Haha, you totally just reminded me of a dry, crusty, something-or-other on the carpet beneath our old stereo cabinet that I discovered yesterday. A "surprise" left by our cat at some point in time when she was still living indoors. Gross. I have no clue how I'm going to clean it.

We have sun today and it's borderline "jackets optional" weather, but we're supposed to get snow again tomorrow. :(

I keep telling myself spring WILL come; it ALWAYS DOES! But I gotta tell ya, my mind is beginning to wonder if I'm lying!!!

Amy said...

LOL! Cats are great.

Amy

Kimmie said...

Tammy~snowflakes...the words blurred over after that...snowflakes?? Yikes, you are in my prayers.

For fishing weather and that the cute kitty cat gets more fishy parts, with no stomach upset.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Mrs. C said...

That picture is priceless!

Donna Boucher said...

Oh my goodness. That is one intent kitty! CUTE!

mom said...

She continues to be an intent kitty as the fishing has been good lately! She actually seems to be doing better digestively with fresh fish rather than cat food which is a very good thing!

theArthurClan said...

Snow again? That's just awful Tammy. It'd be very difficult for me to find the good in that. :(

Love the photo of your intent cat. So cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin