Thursday, May 7

look for the green

Delighted in seeing an even brighter field of green outside my window this morning, I reminded myself that the earth was dosed well with nitrogen during the night.

For in the middle of the night I was awoken to loud claps of thunder and bright lightning. Surprised that my younger ones weren't awake, I tiptoed downstairs to unplug the computer stuff, thankfully acknowledged there weren't a bunch of windows to close, and crawled back into bed easily falling back to sleep.

Spring thunderstorms. Sometimes predicted and sometimes a middle of the night surprise.

Much like the storms of life. Sometimes forewarned as you can hear them rumbling for awhile before they enter your life and sometimes surprisingly arriving out of the blue with full force.

With any kind of storm, you have two options....you can worry, panic, and think you have to handle it alone OR you can completely trust Your Heavenly Father with His care. He'll help you take the necessary steps and He'll give you peace for all the unfamiliar steps. And as you begin walking on the other side of the storm, you'll notice the greenness of new life that could only come from stretching your faith through a difficult time.

May you plant God's peace in your garden through sunshine and storms!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


2 comments:

theArthurClan said...

I'm so glad that your corner of the world is turning green again (after so many white, snow-filled days.) And I'm also glad that it inspired you to write this lovely post!

Kimmie said...

Green and peaceful, yes I welcome that into my life.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin