Monday, May 11

simple woman's daybook for May 11


For today May 11



Outside my window.....
the skies are mostly blue with a few clouds. It's rather cool now - in the 30's - but is suppose to get up around 60ish degrees.

I am thinking.....about all I want to get done today.

I am thankful for.....my sweet children. I do feel blessed by each one!

From the learning rooms.....we are completing more studies for the year this week! Woo hoo!

From the kitchen.....there won't be much cooking or baking happening until I get the countertops cleared off!

I am wearing.....my black exercise pants and a green hooded sweatshirt as I've been to Curves this morning.

I am creating.....a clean yard with the raking we are doing on the non-windy days.

I am going.....to do some shopping for things I can send in a package to my son.

I am reading.....a quilting magazine I received yesterday and daydreaming as I page through it.

I am hoping.....to get caught up on a few things. Is that even possible?

I am hearing.....my clock tick on my desk as the children are still sleeping so the house is quiet.

Around the house.....are clothes for ALL seasons. I'm wondering if it's finally safe to put away the winter warm gear and change over all the drawers and closets to lightweight clothing?

One of my favorite things.....is spring and FLOWERS!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....hopefully coffee with a friend, attending the funeral of a faithful servant of the Lord, a congregational meeting, early morning Bible study on Wednesday, volunteering at the pregnancy center, and an in-service training meeting later in the week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

Yesterday marked the 15th birthday of my youngest son. I can hardly believe he's that old already! How did those five boys of mine turn into young men so quickly?! I miss the days of sandboxing dump trucks, Legos everywhere, bike races, and fort building extraordinaire! How quickly time passes......

If you enjoy reading daybooks or would like to participate yourself, please stop over at Peggy's Place

Have a wonderful day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

7 comments:

Marie said...

Great day book Tammy! My baby turned 20 in December and like you I wondered where the years had flown! They grow up far too quickly!

Becca said...

My oldest is about to turn 14. THAT I can't imagine! ;-) Our youngest is 17 months and we have another on the way. Does it REALLY go by as fast as you say???? LoL

Have a great day!

Love,
Becca

Auntie Q said...

"to get caught up on a few things. Is that even possible?" That made me laugh because I feel the same way on this Monday morning! :) Happy Monday

One More Equals Four said...

Wow, 5 boys and you survived...that gives me hope I will survive my 3. I think God blessed me with my one little girl to help me regain my sanity!

Hope you have a great week!

ChiGirl said...

Changing clothes out....I started that over the weekend, too. But then last night went down to the 30's. @@@ Have I mentioned how much this time of year drives me NUTS living in the north??

Jerralea said...

Where I live, we have the same problem - never knowing what season of clothes to wear. We'll appreciate the cool days when the dog days of summer are here!

I smiled too when I read your comment wondering if it was even possible to get caught up. No, it's not possible to be totally caught up! But we can get close ...

theArthurClan said...

I can't even imagine my boys being that old. Or rather, I can imagine it and it makes me sad that time is passing so quickly.

And yet I love to see the wonderful young people they are becoming. What a blessing children are!

I hope he had a wonderful birthday. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin