Tuesday, June 30

looking to the south

This morning my girls were calling to me...."QUICK! Come and look out the kitchen window, Mom!" Dashing into the kitchen I could hardly wait to see whatever had excited them so much as I peered out the same window.

Hmmm, nothing unusual.

"WHAT is that HUGE orange bird, Mom?" they asked. At that moment - and before I got my camera - that is what the bird looked like as it looked straight at us. A HUGE orange bird.

Then the bird turned its head.

Ohhhhhh, it's just a robin. But they seemed to think it had to be a mama robin with eggs since it was so puffed up. Nope, the orange was too bright for a mama. It had to be a papa who was all puffed up to stay warm in the low 50 degree weather with a stiff breeze and a light misty rain in the air.

A papa robin who hopped very slowly down the roof of our storage building with its beak to the south. Ahhh yes, a smart papa robin who was perhaps wondering if autumn came early this year and it was time to head south....

I can understand his thinking! BRRRRRRRRRR!

Hope it's summer somewhere......

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Heasleye said...

What a cute, puffy robin! I'm sorry summer isn't visiting you right now. It is definitely visiting here. Today was one of those perfect days...sunny and about 77. Stay warm! I'm sure the sun will be back soon! :)

mom said...

Elaine! Blow that warm sunny breeze my way! LOL!

Karen said...

I'm excited that it's going to be under 80 today. (the roofers who will be putting our roof on today are probably thrilled as well.) I'm enjoying this brief moment of cooler weather because I know the sweltering heat is just around the corner again. I think 50s would be a bit too cold though. I hope it warms up there soon!

mom said...

Trust me, 50's is a bit cold! Yikes! Rumor has it that the upcoming weekend weather is suppose to be close to perfect, so I need to keep my eyes looking forward to survive yet another cold damp day....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin