Thursday, June 4

a refreshing sniffing

After a day of fullness of activity away from home, when I finally got home late afternoon yesterday I decided to stay PUT. Most of the family rushed out the door after a quick bite of supper to attend the first boys baseball game of the season thirty minutes away. My choice was a quiet evening at home to slow down and sniff the roses.

The roses who were my youngest daughter and my little grandson.

We took a leisurely long walk around the neighborhood followed by a lengthy time getting covered with sand while playing in the sandbox. As the daylight began waning, into the house for tubs which also had no timetable. Clean and tired, the two little ones eased into their beds. It had been a relaxing evening of listening to my daughter chatter with my undivided attention as well as recapturing the wonderful sounds of little boys.

It was just what I needed after a busy pace for days. And the Lord graciously provided this window of time to just.slow.down.

Truly, it's so nice to have the lingering scent of roses as I head into another busy day.

May you have little breaks of refreshment in your garden, too, to renew you for the tasks of your household!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

theArthurClan said...

You see the beauty and loveliness in everything Tammy. It's one of the things I love most about you!

Caseybumpinalong said...

what a great reminder of the beauty of SLOWING DOWN every once and a while. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin