Monday, June 1

simple woman's daybook for June 1


For today June 1st


Outside my window.....
the skies are heavily overcast with a breezy dampness in the air and temps in the 40's.

I am thinking.....about how slow our spring seems to be this year! When will it finally warm up and STAY warm?

I am thankful for.....twenty-nine years of marriage!

From the learning rooms.....still a bit of finish-up and corrections for my older boys, but other than that our formal schooling is taking a break.

From the kitchen.....my daughter-in-law is going to cook us a special anniversary meal one evening.

I am wearing.....my black exercise pants, a white t-shirt, and a sweater thrown over for warmth.

I am creating..... a summer list of intentional goals.

I am going.....to the clinic this morning to get a TB test which is required for the place I volunteer.

I am reading.....nothing in particular right now as there hasn't been time to settle into a book.

I am hoping.....the sunshine will return soon!

I am hearing.....my two grandchildren playing in the kitchen.

Around the house.....there's signs of small children with toys scattered, bibs on the kitchen table, and non-stop toddler talk.

One of my favorite things.....in the spring are lilac bushes that are starting to bloom! Is there any scent more heavenly?!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are the doctor clinic this morning and a meeting at church this evening, a couple of baseball games, sorting through clothing, volunteering at the pregnancy center, a little planting, enjoying my grandchildren while they are here, and being on call for another birth.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

Over Memorial Day weekend at our family cabin, each morning as I looked out our bedroom window I kept seeing a bird fly from what looked like the roof down to the ground. Exploring outdoors, I noticed that there was actually a nest right by our window. You can see the bird's tail and tip of its head sticking out.

If you enjoy reading daybooks or would like to participate yourself, please stop over at Peggy's Place

Have a great Monday!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Tina said...

WOW! 29 years. . Happy Anniversary!!
Cute picture :)

Jerralea said...

How nice that your daughter-in-law is going to cook you an anniversary meal!

I love the smell of lilacs! Honeysuckle and orange blossom are great too - wait! can't forget peonies ... Guess the Lord has given us many great fragrances...

Auntie Q said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoyed reading your daybook. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin