Tuesday, June 9

steadfastly seeking

By this time in the past I've typically transitioned to doing my morning walk outdoors through my neighborhood. However this year the weather hasn't transitioned yet as it's still quite cool in the mornings and quite honestly, I do NOT like being cold.

So, this morning I took advantage of the last day of public school and did my early morning walk in the high school fieldhouse. Perhaps I enjoy walking there so much because I don't have to pay close attention to my surroundings. I can just walk and think and pray. When I walk outdoors in the early morning I typically have a dog or two with me and possibly a child or two if they are up early. Not only do they keep me busy as I attempt to keep the dogs from chasing squirrels as well as keeping up with the conversation of a child, but I also have to watch for traffic along the road as there's no sidewalks.

"Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways. You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed. Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees!" ~ Psalm 119:2-5

Ohhh, my heart does seek God! During the calmness of life when I can spend time in His Word and in prayer it is easier to walk in His ways and to follow His precepts. My heart readily goes to these very things when interacting with my children.

And then.

Suddenly we are on a crazy busy wild kind of life *stuff* activity stretch. Distractions abound and my focus is trying to be everywhere at once.

Steadfast?

Ohhh, that my ways were steadfast in obedience!

How very important it is to seek God during those crazy busy wild times. As a mom it is necessary to adjust your schedule to have that time to seek God first thing in the day BEFORE life begins happening in your household.

Be steadfast as you seek God on your garden path!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your words continually speak to my heart. We are in the midst of a "spaz" phase and it's so easy to let things slip out of control. Sigh. I do desire to have a heart that is steadfast.

blessings,
karen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin