Tuesday, July 28

now processing

"What is my dream of God's purpose? His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working towards a particular finish; His end is the process--that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God." ~ Oswald Chambers

This was something good for me to ponder this morning. I do like goals. I do like to know the end. I do like tasks that I do to be successful.

But life tends to not be like that at times. Like now. It seems I keep getting pushed into thinking about the fall - heaven forbid - when I still want to linger in the summer.

*My husband and I need to decide *if* we'll do a Bible study group in our home this fall or not and *if* we do which study will we choose to use. We've been considering doing The Truth Project but it sounds like others from that study will also be doing it this fall.

*Our church's children's ministries are making some changes and as we go through a time of transition this fall, I'm trying to figure out what my role will be or whether I will have a role. How can my gifts and talents best be used to serve?

*With a senior in high school, it's time to look further down the road for him if we are considering future education.
Is he certain of his career choice? What are his options and how can they be financed?

*As we look ahead to the work expectations for the fall and my husband's business, we perhaps need to consider some other options in order to financially survive a winter which is typically his down time. As I ponder this I see that it could mean eliminating a ministry area for me due to travel expense.

So many things in process and I can see I've been wrestling with the process as it hasn't been an easy thing to think through. No clear answers.

Yet process is okay. It is a time when I can depend more fully on God rather than trying to figure it out all on my own. It is a time that I can seek Him through prayer and His Word for more clarity. It is a time of trusting Him without seeing the other shore. It is a time that He can be glorified.

Yes, all is right because He's in my now.

Whew!

I hope you're trusting Him in your now!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

theArthurClan said...

My sister husband has his own home improvement business and they struggle with the whole "downtime in the winter" problem as well. It can be so stressful! I'll be praying that your winter will be a busy one somehow...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin