Friday, July 10

rain singing

Noting before bed that the weather forecast had only a slight chance of isolated thunderstorms through the night and seeing nothing on the radar, I closed my eyes listening to the sound of wind that was continuing from the daytime hours.

Rain. An elusive weather detail this summer. Highly valued but never making its appearance despite all the forecasted possibilities. Longed for with every fluffy slightly darkened cloud that passes over our day.

Dry. The garden is dust in between rows as I've carefully only watered plants. The grass is losing its glorious soft green and is turning muted brittle yellow. The lake is developing more beach as the waterline is shrinking with the sunshine's evaporating power.

Waking suddenly in the middle of the night to a sound that was no longer the wind of bedtime, I opened my eyes to the flashing lightning. The thunder rumbled and the rain came pouring out of the skies. Quickly I rushed through the house to close up windows as the lightning provided enough brilliance to mark my pathways.

Rain. Magnificent rain!

Opening my eyes to a wet world this morning, once again I'm amazed at how a middle of the night rain shower can liven up each and every growing green plant in my yard and garden. My heart sings with joy as I see the earth refreshed!

"Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the King above all gods." ~ Psalm 95:1-3

Rain or shine may your heart be singing in the garden on this day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

SmallWorld at Home said...

You have a beautiful blog. This year we have come out of a 4-year drought, and it is amazing how colorful and beautiful it is around here!

mom said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I have no idea how long it has been here, but we've had several dry summers in a row. Add to that several low snow winters and our water table is low. At least the rain we did get really livened everything up again :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin