Monday, July 6

the secret glimpse

Something that could be added to my list of "Hardest things for a mom of many whose children span over twenty-two years" would be that the younger ones don't know the older ones well and the older ones don't know the younger ones well. As their mom, I think they are ALL totally awesome kids and wish they all knew one another well.

So when my three youngest girls recently spent five days at my oldest daughter's home, my heart was probably blessed more than theirs knowing they had this special time of connecting with one another which makes me smile :-D

And I had one of those heart smiling moments yesterday while my college son was home for the weekend. I made a cake to celebrate his birthday at the beginning of the month and included his littlest sister since she was with her biggest sister during her birthday.

One cake for the two of them. A candle for each.

But when it came time to blow out the candles, everyone was telling her what to wish. Suddenly her older brother leaned over and started whispering in her ear. The look on her face was priceless and what a delight to capture it in a picture. They were both smiling when they blew out their candles and the secret wishes are safe between the two of them.

These are the moments I treasure in my heart!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

9 comments:

Tina said...

Sweet picture! What a treasured memory for all of you :)

Donnetta said...

I can relate to the span of years as I am the oldest of 5 with the youngest being born just 4 months before my 16th B-Day.

What a treasured moment this truly was!!

Karen said...

That is the sweetest thing!

Heasleye said...

That is a darling photo! Great catch with the camera! :)

devita said...

That's so sweet! Glad you have your camera on you. lol. Love it!

Chris Worthy said...

Oh, that IS priceless. What a terrific memory frozen in time.

Mrs. E. said...

OH,I love this picture. Her eyes. . .you snapped that shutter at just the right moment.
Fun family times.

mom said...

Oh, I'm so happy I caught it, too! And I didn't even cut off the tops of their heads or it wasn't way out of focus...LOL!

Letitia said...

How absolutely precious. That brings tears to my eyes!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin