Thursday, July 30

summer thankfulness


It's been awhile since I've done a Thankful Thursday, yet how can I resist the topic question this week - What are you thankful for in the warm months of summer? Of course, I may take issue with the *warm* part of the question as summer warmth has been missing in our area. Actually, the temperatures have been pretty much perfect for those of us that don't like the hot and humid dog days of summer. It does seem strange though to be throwing on a jacket in the early summer mornings when I go to exercise or walk.

Summer thankfulness for me would include:

*Being surrounded by all the shades of green in the woods and the colors of flowers in the yard. God certainly used a wonderful palette of color in His creation!

*Eating the fresh fruits and vegetables available this time of year. I especially can't wait for my garden to be more productive in the coming days so veggies can be picked and go right into our mouths. God has given us wonderfully nourishing foods to fuel our bodies.

*Abundance of wildlife all around. While typing this list, I looked out the window by my desk and noticed a pair of fawns skipping along my garden fence. It's so fun to watch their playfulness....as long as they don't think they are going to EAT in my garden! We have lots of bunnies and chippies this year as well which are driving the dogs crazy. And what about all the spiders and other creepy crawly critters around in the summer. Although I don't understand all the purposes of what God created - like mosquitoes or fire ants - I know He said it was all good, so I guess that's good enough for me!

*Warm weather activities are wonderful after a long winter. Baseball, swimming, biking, hiking, tennis, and now soccer keep us more physically active. How thankful I am that we are a healthy family!

*The lack of our normal schedule during the summer months is pro
bably my favorite thing. The kids sleep in, the days float by, and I can spend my time doing odds and ends. This type of schedule though is only good for a season as we all start feeling the need to get back to regular life once August rolls around.....which means that next week I'll begin feeling the panic of summer quickly waning and all the necessities that must get completed before we start schooling again. But until then, I'll smile and thank God for the time of refreshment summer brings!

How about you? What brings summer thankfulness to your heart? If you want to participate with others on this Thankful Thursday, please stop over to see Lynn

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

7 comments:

Janet said...

Your summer thankful list is beautiful! And your home must be in an amazing spot. Your flowers are lovely.

I recently learned that mosquitos can live in some climates where bees can't and that they pollinate the plants in those areas. Without them, there wouldn't be flowers in some areas! That doesn't make me "feel" any more thankful for them, but I like having a reason to think more thankfully.

Jerralea said...

I like your TT list. I forgot about including the beautiful flowers on my list, so thanks for reminding me. Summer flowers are gorgeous and one of the best things about the season!

ValleyGirl said...

Ah yes, the colour palette and the lack of schedule.... definitely two of my favourite things about summer, too! Actually, your whole list is pretty much the same as what mine would be!!

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful list.

Lisa said...

Oh, the creepy crawlies! I honestly don't mind them too much when outside but we've had a damp summer and they all seem to be making their way inside because of it! Good reminder for me that He made THEM ALL!

Jennifer said...

Oh how I wish that we could have some of the mild weather you have been experiencing. What a wonderful list.

Serendipity said...

Sounds like a great summer to me! Oh I wish there are no mozzies and fire ants around too. I love the flowers at your sidebar! God bless!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin