Wednesday, August 12

endless energy

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary......" ~ Isaiah 40:28

These are the beginning words of those famous eagles wings verses, but how often do we really think about the fact that God doesn't get tired? Ever. I mean, God is as old as time itself yet He does not weary!

More often I'm thinking about how much more quickly I tire as I age. Big projects can no longer be tackled like before as the boundless energy of youth is waning. Pacing myself in projects seems a bit more kind these days. Giving myself a little more grace on my "to do" list is becoming acceptable. Stopping to smell the roses really is okay!

Nooo, I'm not ready for the nursing home quite yet, but I'd be glad to take a break and sit on the porch with you any day!

In the meantime, I'll continue to count on the strength of my Mighty Everlasting God to give me His boost of endless energy I need to start a new day.

May you be energized on this day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Ugh, my own waning energy is a bit of a frustration already sometimes, too. And what's worse, this whole idea of retirement is not really how the Bible talks about spending those "golden years!!!"

I'd love a "front porch" visit with you. The last lesson in our True Woman Makeover Bible study talks specifically about the mentoring relationship between older and younger women, and I think you'd make a great mentor. :)

{{hugs}}

mom said...

No, I don't think there's any retiring allowed when you are working for the Lord. Perhaps just a slower pace during the golden years when they come?

I'd love a front porch visit with you, too! I'm not sure it would be a mentoring one though as I think you'd do a mighty fine job of sharpening me as well! {{{Tammi}}}

Blog Widget by LinkWithin