Thursday, August 27

finding the abundance

"Abundance is a cornfield ripe for picking." ~ from today's page on my gardening calendar

:::::sigh:::::

Last week I took this picture in the midst of my corn patch and was delighted by how awesome the corn looked.

Late yesterday afternoon when I walked through the garden to pick veggies for supper, I went through the corn patch without a camera and saw that the corn that had looked awesome wasn't actually awesome at all. In fact, we couldn't find a single ear growing on a corn stalk! YIKES!

Abundance? Far from it.

Abundance of fall decorations. Yup, all those corn stalks will work for that purpose.

Ever get in a situation where everything looked awesome bringing your heart delight until you actually looked closer and the nitty gritty showed something quite different? Often it's too late to step totally out of the situation and you have to change your attitude and find the good that can still come from it.

It brings me right to the verse...."And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." ~ Romans 8:28

It seems like I could use that verse for a variety of situations in my life right now and am ever so thankful that I do love God and can trust His purposes.

May you find abundance in your garden even if it means changing your attitude a bit!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

P.S. As I've been picking beans this morning to do our first big canning, I looked up and noticed two little silks in the corn patch. So, I got up to look closer and can see two tiny ears of corn starting. It's kind of late in the season plus the weather is in another cool trend, so I don't know if we'll actually get to eat them, but it did make me smile!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin