Saturday, August 1

how can it be?

Someone please come and turn my calendar page because I don't think I can do it!

AUGUST?

:::thud:::

People around here are still talking about this being the summer that never came. Today's high temperature is to be in the upper 60's. The week ahead shows a forecast of temps in the low 70's. In August. I'm not complaining as it feels like spring to me and I love spring. But it does seem odd to always have a sweatshirt thrown on all summer long.

But you know, it isn't even the fact that it's been cool all summer. It's the fact that it's August already! YIKES! How does the summer always get away from me like that? Or is it just the fact that I'm getting older and ALL time gets away from me like that? And the biggest question of all is how come WINTER doesn't ever go this quickly? LOL!

Okay, that's my thought for the day. Off to the last morning of my garage sale, a wedding, taking down the garage sale, and then finally contemplating the list of all I have to get done during the month of August!

What's happening in your garden on the first day of August?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi Tammy;
Not much of a garden this year. My boys were saying on Friday that our yard is turning into a swamp from all the rain (daily rain since the first week of June, I kid you NOT!) My youngest son (6) is slightly worried that our new *swamp* will start attracting ALLIGATORS (though we live in CT).

We went for our first ice-cream cone tonight...it hasn't been dry or warm enough until tonight. sigh.

sending a hug and kiss;
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Heasleye said...

Wow, that is a cool summer indeed! I'm afraid we've been having more heat than we know what to do with. But, I'm with ya on the "no way it's August" feeling. What??? August is at least two months away, right? And our August is so packed with swimming, family visiting, a birthday for a certain soon-to-be 8 year old, planning for school...I know it will fly by. Boo!!! I guess we'd better enjoy it while we can!

Jennifer said...

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for introducing yourself yesterday. I'm adding you to my Google Reader and I am going to share with Donna the story of how she "brought us together". I hope that it will encourage her. One of these days I have to start a blog again.

May God richly bless you as you walk with Him.

jenny

mom said...

Could Kimmie please send me some of her rain and Elaine please send me some of her heat? Thank you very much! :-)

Jenny, it was so nice to meet you on such a special occasion! Your daughter was a beautiful bride :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Letitia said...

The same thing that has happened in my "garden" all summer. I'm at my daughter's. I don't know if this summer has flown by or been the longest of my life. LOL.
I can't believe you have the energy to have a multiple day yard sale, then still go to a wedding and do other things. I would be spent!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin