Saturday, August 15

lament-free day

The morning is heavy gray and humid with sounds of crickets and mourning doves echoing through the woods. Soon the house will be busy as the girls will be up and getting ready for soccer. Within the hour we will be out the door and landing on soccer fields teeming with activity.

And yet, I hear the mourning dove lamenting as I enjoy these last moments of quiet. It makes my heart lament about the final days of summer so quickly passing. So much to do. So much to do.

Fortunately there is joy in the midst of this day as we will be celebrating with friends while we witness a wedding this afternoon.

So until tomorrow I will be free from the sounds of so much to do so much to do....

Enjoy this summer Saturday in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Sarah Dawn said...

Free from the sounds of so much to do ...

I needed that today, a whisper from the throne of grace right into my heart.

Thank you.

Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

Nezzy said...

I spent my Saturday morning in my acre of gardens, watering, weeding, feeding and deadheading. Sigh, I love the time with God and nature before I sit down to prepare my sermon for Kids Church. You have a great week-end.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin