Friday, August 21

a sweet sales pitch

Remember my garage sale a few weeks back? Not only was it a good way to get rid of some of our *stuff* and earn a few dollars at the same time, but it was also a wonderful learning experience for a few girls in my family.

Real life experiences are often filled with more practical lessons than any book I could put into a perfectly designed curriculum and this little journey into selling lemonade and fresh cookies is a good example of that. Jump over to my article at Heart of the Matter Online to read more about what the girls learned by selling Real Life Lemonade and Cookies.

If you decide to let your own children tackle a little side business like this, do check into your local ordinances about proper permitting of the sale of food and beverages so that you don't end up with something like this little girl lemonade salesman did in New York! Yikes!

Enjoy this summer day in your garden! Hopefully it is a lemonade and cookies kind of day where you live!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

8 comments:

Angela said...

It is one of those days here, beautiful of course it is quite hot, close to 90 but the sun is shining for sure!

Angela

mom said...

I am totally jealous, Angela! We have been getting some much needed rain, so I hate to complain...but we will have much of the same gray skies and rain today with highs in the low 60's! Brrrrr!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

I CAN Do It said...

Hi, I enjoyed your HOTM article on the garage sale/cookie sale. My daughter did the same thing at a sale I had a couple of years back. She even went through her books and toys and priced them. But the cookies sold better than anything else! It was a great hands-on experience. Now, I always buy a cookie or lemonade if some little girl is selling at a garage sale.

Nezzy said...

What a couple little business ladies. Have a beautiful summer day filled with flowers,cookies and lemonade. God bless

keri said...

Looks like one of those cookie sellers may have her mouth stuffed with some of those tasty cookies?! ;) hehe....

mom said...

I had to look at the picture again...I think you may be right! LOL!

Angie - theArthurClan said...

We have approximately 5 cars pass by our house every day so a lemonade stand is definitely not a possibility here in Amish country. lol! I can remember the days of doing this when I was a little girl though. Great fun while learning responsibility as well!

Mrs. E. said...

I'm chuckling to myself. . .that is the nicest lemonade stand I have ever seen! My boys have done stands before but they never look that nice!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin