Tuesday, September 1

rememberance

Every year I plant some flower seeds into my garden as they brighten my day every time I walk down the paths. Flowers help to make my garden smile (that was for you, Tina!)


This year I threw in a variety of zinnia seeds and they are happily growing along the garden fence. Yesterday when I was picking beans, I glanced up and thought how nice it would be to cut some and bring them into the house. But I couldn't do that without taking a picture or two first.


Somewhere I had read that zinnias are considered the flower of remembrance. They bring forth the remembrance of a loved one. A recent wedding program noted that there were zinnias in the church as a remembrance of those missing from the special occasion.


As I consider the zinnias currently blooming in my garden, I find it interesting that over the last couple weeks I have had two dreams with my mom in them. I have not had a dream with her in it since she passed away four and half years ago. In the dreams she is present, yet doesn't speak. I wake up and want to fall right back to sleep because I want to hear her voice. But you know how that doesn't ever work to do that....


As I've been pondering why my mom has suddenly appeared in my dreams, perhaps it is because of some of the challenges before me now and in the days ahead. Her presence brought me a calmness and peace in the dreams. I felt secure knowing she was there. It was a remembrance of her unconditional love.


That remembrance of unconditional love brings me right to God and the perfect peace that comes from knowing Him.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~ John 14:27

May your garden hold smiles of remembrance and God's peace through the tears!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Angela said...

I have dreamed that so many times with my Judy. Oh please let me fall back asleep, I don't want the dream to end. Isn't it wonderful that someday it won't end and it will be for eternity! I hope to have a full life with grandbabies and all but I do also look forward to that day when I will see her again! I just recently came across your letter you wrote me at Thanksgiving, it was so nice to read it now, everytime it brings something different! I finally just now have been feeling like it is truly time to move forward-I have a spring in my step I haven't had in such a long time but missing her never stops! Praying for you my friend, what a blessing you are! May God hold you in all things you are about to experience!

Love
Angela

mom said...

{{{Angela}}} As you can see, the missing never completely stops...it seems to come and go with the ebb and flow of life.

I'm glad to hear your steps have lightened a bit as your heart heals through the days.

And thank you for YOUR encouragement :-)

Hugs,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin