Thursday, September 17

scruff, shake, and kick

"There are certain things we must not pray about--moods, for instance. Moods never go by praying, moods go by kicking. A mood nearly always has its seat in the physical condition, not in the moral. It is a continual effort not to listen to the moods which arise from a physical condition, never submit to them for a second. We have to take ourselves by the scruff of the neck and shake ourselves, and we will find that we can do what we said we could not." ~ Oswald Chambers

:::::sigh:::::

It has once again turned out to be a week that is not normal. No matter how I try to force this week into a routine, it won't head in that direction at all. A collection of daily happenings shout "flexibility!" even though my heart stubbornly wants to cling to finally settling into normal routine life.

Add to that a late evening when I walked into the kitchen to clean up my canning for the day and found TWO jars had broken in the canner leaving tomato pieces all over the place. It was one of those hands thrown in the air moments which made me turn back around out of the kitchen leaving the mess for the morning.

The morning which would be THIS morning.

THIS morning would be the one that followed last night.

Last night would be the one in which my husband did not sleep well AT ALL because he's coming down with a nasty cold/cough kind of thing and his restlessness all night lack of sleeping meant that I had a restless lack of sleeping kind of night, too.

THIS morning would be the one where I had picked up my devotional book and as I started paging through it was interrupted by my husband who needed me to pick him up after he dropped off a vehicle for repairs since his brother hadn't come in for work yet. So, I set the book down and jumped in the car in my bathrobe to follow him to the repair place.

THIS morning would be the one that when I returned I discovered that I set my devotional down on a page in May. You know, the page that talks about MOODS.

I think that THIS morning I may be dealing with a MOOD that is definitely rooted in a multitude of physical symptoms which include tiredness and hormonal wackiness. And since Mr. Chambers has adequately exhorted me about this MOOD, I find that I have only one thing that I must do....

Grab it by the scruff of the neck, shake it hard, and kick it out!

I will follow this by a nice warm shower.

THEN I will deal with the kitchen!

Please feel free to use the scruff, shake, and kick method - when necessary - in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

Angela said...

I HAVE so been there! There are those days you just want to SCREAM for stress relief! Of course that is NOT the answer but it is nice to think of doing it anyway, LOL, good for you to recognize what you really need to do!

Angela

ValleyGirl said...

Interesting insight from Mr. Chambers. It bothers me how right he is!!!

Hope you end up having a great day!

Mrs. E. said...

And don't we all know exactly what you're talkin' about! And I must say. . . you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself!!

ChiGirl said...

SIGH.

Thanks.

I think.

:)

Karen said...

I can so totally relate. Except it wasn't my week, it was my summer. sigh. I blogged about it today. Finally. Because I'm hoping it's over. If not, I'll be praying for the strength to grab the "mood" by the scruff and shove it out the door!

Chris Worthy said...

I hope your weekend is better! (Mr. Chambers has a way of kicking me in the seat of the pants, too.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin