Monday, September 14

simple woman's daybook for September 14

For today September 14th

Outside my window....I watched a big orange sun come up this morning. It looks like it's going to be another beautiful warm sunny fall day!

I am thinking.....about the many things I want to accomplish outdoors before the weather changes.

I am thankful for.....the unusual lingering warmth this month since it means I can still keep the windows of the house open day and night to let the fresh air blow through the rooms.

I am wearing....a white t-shirt and black exercise pants with my purple crocs.

I am hearing....the chirps of crickets outside my window.

I am creating....a list of things I need to catch up on during my after schooling hours.

I am going....
to the farm market this morning to pick up two bushels of tomatoes.

I am reading....
through the book of John as our pastor suggested our congregation read it this month and I'm also reading through the book of Habakkuk for an upcoming women's Bible study.

I am hoping AND PRAYING....
that my son will receive favor and be granted some leave time home soon.

On my mind....
is my son who is going through his last week of Army Ranger training and the anticipation of his graduation at the end of the week if all goes well.

From the learning rooms....the children have begun their schooling but I'm not quite fully prepared yet and am still finishing up some of my teacher's tasks as well as finding some of my correction manuals!

Noticing that....the green green wonderful green of the woods is now fading into yellows with little bursts of bright color here and there.

Pondering these words....
from The Message version of John 1:14 - "The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood."

From the kitchen....
will be busyness the next two days as I work on canning tomatoes.

Around the house....
there are still many remnants of summer such as swimsuits and beach towels that are hanging from the deck railing.

One of my favorite things....is sometimes surprising my children by saying "yes!" to something I typically say "no!" to for various reasons.

A few plans for the rest of the week....
will include daily watering the garden until the rain comes, canning tomatoes, soccer games for all three girls, Bible study in our home Wednesday evening as we begin The Truth Project, correcting schoolwork at the end of the week, praying for good news from my son later in the week, and a possible *away* soccer tournament this upcoming weekend for a daughter.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

Peas! We have had such an unusual garden summer with different crops producing much different results than other years due to the sustained cool weather. One surprise was our pea patch which began slowly, but continues to produce more and more pods of peas and the bushes are STILL blossoming! Our favorite thing to do in the garden right now is to stand and pick peas to pop right into our mouths. Yum!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at The Simple Woman Daybook.

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! I just finished canning stewed tomatoes and salsa. Next on my food storage to do list is applesacue from the tree in our yard that is drooping to the ground with the weight of all the fruit.

Jerralea said...

I've always loved the Message version of John 1:14! I'm so glad He moved into the neighborhood!

I've got plans to go to the farmer's market this week, too.

ChiGirl said...

GREAT daybook Mom!! :) Love you!

mom said...

Yay, Michelle! I tried salsa a few years ago, but unfortunately I didn't hit on a good recipe, so I'm afraid to try it again. I look forward to doing up some applesauce, too, in a few weeks :-)

The "neighborhood" part caught my eye. Definitely an interesting take on "among us"!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin