Monday, September 21

simple woman's daybook for September 21

For today September 21st

Outside my window....
we're heading toward dusk with clear skies and a setting sun as I'm doing this toward the end of the day instead of first thing in the morning.

I am thinking.....about the past weekend and the many things I want to savor a bit longer.

I am thankful for.....the special times that our family can all come together to hang out and enjoy food, fellowship, and fun.

I am wearing.....a yellow t-shirt, blue shorts, socks, and my walking shoes.

I am hearing.....the chirps of crickets outside my window and the sweet noises of my granddaughter inside the house.

I am creating.....a guest list for an upcoming wedding in our family.

I am going.....
to bed early tonight! I'm exhausted!

I am continuing to read.....through the book of John.

I am hoping.....
to hear soon that family members have all arrived safe and sound to their destinations whether by car or plane.

On my mind.....are all the things that I will need to get done tomorrow to get the house back in order.

From the learning rooms.....we are no doubt falling behind in our schooling as we've needed to take a couple days off recently.

Noticing that.....more and more leaves are coloring my woods.

Pondering these words....
from Oswald Chambers - "It is impossible to conduct your life as a disciple without definite times of secret prayer."

From the kitchen....
.I've been busy preparing favorite meals for the past three days and we enjoyed the bounty of leftovers for supper tonight.

Around the house.....
are many cluttered signs of a well spent weekend.

One of my favorite things....are the smiles and kisses and hugs of my grandchildren.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....
include more good-byes to family tomorrow morning, soccer practice tomorrow night, Bible study at our home on Wednesday, catching up on schooling, more garden clean-up, and soccer games on Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

This is a picture of my son who was home on leave this past weekend after being gone since March. He was not only overjoyed to be home with us, but he thoroughly enjoyed hanging with his dog every moment even if it meant lying on the tile kitchen floor. I have a feeling this poor pooch is going to be rather sad when he realizes his boy is really gone again....

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


1 comment:

teachinmom said...

I am glad to hear about your weekend. How wonderful when your family can all be together! I am so happy for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin