Monday, September 28

simple woman's daybook for September 28

For today September 28th

Outside my window.....
it's a very blustery day with many gray clouds and a light rain in the air at the moment. I think we've already reached the high temperature of the day - 52 degrees.

I am thinking.....that I'm glad we have a nasty weather day like this because I won't be tempted to go outside for any reason at all. Sooooo many things I'm behind on indoors that need tending.

I am thankful for.....God's continued provision for our family as we pay the first of the month bills. Just enough to make ends meet - not a penny more, not a penny less. God is good!

I am wearing.....my black exercise pants, gray t-shirt, and a sweater now thrown over to warm up enough so I'm brave enough to jump in the shower in our chilly house this morning.

I am hearing.....the wind blowing so fiercely outside my bedroom window.

I am creating.....a clean area by my big bedroom window to do some quilting. It has the perfect light!

I am not going.....
anywhere today! Woo hoo! I have no reason to leave the house today for a change and am thrilled about staying PUT.

I am continuing to read.....through the book of John.

I am hoping.....
that this wind blows through more rain clouds because we desperately need more rain than the light intermittent showers we've gotten since last night.

On my mind.....is knowing that now that the weather has changed I need to do the seasonal clothes change over with my girls and I'm dreading it in a very big way.

From the learning rooms.....will hopefully come some lapbooks as my girls and I get creative this week.

Noticing that.....we'll be turning the calendar page in a few days and I'm wondering WHERE September went?!

Pondering these words...."The actress who takes home the Oscar may have reached the pinnacle of her acting career, but the Oscar we seek is to be known as the heart and hands and feet of Jesus in this world." ~ Carolyn Custis James

From the kitchen.....
are apples everywhere. This is the week I need to bake apple pies, apple crisps, applesauce, and maybe attempt a few new apple recipes to use up all these apples!

Around the house.....the windows are closed up and that stuffy house feeling is returning :::sigh:::

One of my favorite things.....is little girls playing dress-up and giggling the whole time about their imaginary adventures.

A few plans for the rest of the week....soccer practice on Tuesday, Bible study on Wednesday, and a soccer tournament of Saturday. And quilting :-)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

.....of one of our dogs after swimming on a recent September day. Once we got back from the lake, she dug around in the sand under the porch steps and settled in. She has a sweet view through the steps as contemplates her simple life.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at The Simple Woman's Daybook for today.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

8 comments:

Angie - The Arthur Clan said...

I was wondering the same thing today...how in the world is it almost October already?!

Love that photo of your dog so much. It just reflects simplicity and contentment.

Love Bears All Things said...

I enjoyed your daybook. We've had 8+ inches of rain in a the last 2 weeks. I will pray some your way.
I will be needing to do the closet thing too and I am dreading it. I have a hard time letting go of things but definitely need to give some away.
Have a good week,
Mama Bear

mom said...

I suppose I could have entered the picture in I Heart Faces recently for both the Pets and the Contemplative category! hee hee...

Wouldn't it be nice if the rain evened itself out all over the country so everyone would get just the perfect amount?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

teachinmom said...

Cold and blustery here today too......and we have the boxes of winter clothes to switch out along with housecleaning.....sounds like we'll be doing the same things today!

honeysuckle said...

It sounds like the perfect weather for staying inside, reading, quilting with the aroma of baking apples coming from the kitchen! Have a great week and enjoy God's rain for us.

ChiGirl said...

Awww....I miss that dogger! Even if she does stink! LOL

Daddy's Chick's said...

We may have cooler weather down south this week . . I long for it. We have had crazy amounts of rain. Hope this finds you well, have a blessed week.

A Gracious Home said...

I envy you the apples. I love everything about apples. I hope you have enjoyed your day in. It was windy and cool here in AR today too. I hope you have a great week. God bless, Doylene

Blog Widget by LinkWithin