Saturday, September 12

Stella's smile

Two black dogs both full of boundless energy. They were visitors to our cabin last weekend. The bigger one is my oldest daughter's dog, Cooper, and the smaller one is the dog of friends of my son's family and her name is Stella. They hung out a lot together since both dogs are in constant motion and in this picture they were keeping a close eye on the fishing line of my granddaughter.

But can I talk about Stella for a moment? Her tail was in constant wagging motion. Her step was always light and prancing. If a dog could smile, I'm certain she'd have a constant ear to ear smile on her dog face. She got along with the other dogs - even our Muffin who likes to gruff a bit - and every person that was hanging out for the weekend. Her tail wagged whether she was chased out of the kitchen, walked on new unknown trails, canoed over calm waters, or traveled from person to person at the campfire. Her owners are planning on taking her along when they move overseas for a ministry position next year, but I tell ya, if they decided to leave her behind I'd take her in a second! (did I really just say I'd add another dog to our family? someone take my temperature as I must be feverish!)

A dog filled with complete joy.

Know any people like that? The kind of person that always has an ear to ear smile on their face? The kind of person who gets along with everyone? The kind of person who is content in whatever situation they find themselves whether unknown or familiar?

Yup, I want to grow up to be just like Stella!

"If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." ~ John 15:10-11

Guess that's the answer to be able to grow up just like Stella, I mean, Jesus!

Smile and spread some joy in your garden today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


4 comments:

Kimmie said...

Can I grow up to be like you and Stella too.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Tina said...

Me too :)

Donna Boucher said...

hehe...

Lovely doggies.

WWSD?

I think a good dog is a special gift from God :o)

mom said...

Yes, a good question to ask...WWSD? She'd smile about everything going on in her little doggie life knowing God was taking perfectly good care of her! And yes, let's all aspire to be Stellas as we acknowledge that fact! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin