Thursday, September 24

thankful simplicity

Not only did I get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning after being awakened by a coughing coughing coughing husband starting at 4 AM and never falling completely back to sleep, but when I stepped out of bed I also hit "the wall" as I realized how much I needed to tackle today. The thought of vigorously working again today was simply not appealing after so many days in a row of busyness.

Grrrrrrrrr.........

In my heart I knew this was NOT a good attitude to start my day and it would take a conscious immediate effort to change the course of my day. And what could be better than a thankful heart to do that?

So, I checked into Thankful Thursday to see what the topic of the day was and read Laurie's post about simplicity and getting back to the basics of life. Her words were just what I needed to hear this morning!

Here's a quick list of my thankfulness at the moment:

***I'm thankful for women who write words of encouragement as they are lead by the Holy Spirit as they speak to my heart right when I need it!

***I'm thankful for this one last beautiful day of summer-like weather as the forecast shows that more typical autumn days are ahead.

***I'm thankful to continue to be healthy despite sleeping next to someone who has been battling a nasty cold for over a week.

***I'm thankful to be a stay-at-home mom who has enough flexibility in my schedule to forgo all the busyness for just one day and spend this one last beautiful day outdoors if I want puttering on garden clean-up. It would give me a much needed day of refreshment and simplicity as well as some quiet time with the Lord as I ponder the basics of life.

***And I'm forever thankful that God loves me just as abundantly on mornings when I wake up grouchy on the wrong side of the bed hitting "the wall" as He does on mornings when I wake up cheery on the right side of the bed when the wall is a million miles away!

If you are looking for thankfulness in all its simplicity today, please visit Laurie who is hosting Thankful Thursday this week.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

7 comments:

Denise said...

May God bless you extra sweetly.

Eevee said...

Nice post. Hope the rest of your day turns out great!


Blessings,
Eevee

LAURIE said...

What a beautiful and honest heart! I am sorry you did not rest well last night but what an assurance we have that we can rest in Him and stand upon His promises! -have a better day!

Jerralea said...

I loved your post and especially the last paragraph: I'm glad God loves us the same whether we're cheery or have hit the wall!

Hope your hubby gets better and you both have good rest.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Hope your husband feels better soon! Great thankful list- hope you enjoyed your time in the garden. Happy TT!

Angie - The Arthur Clan said...

What a beautiful list of thanksgiving on your "not-so-good" morning. I hope that things looked better after writing this. :)

mom said...

Thank you for all your well wishes!

It stayed a not-so-good morning...and then I took my late lunch outside with me and sitting in the sunshine turned the day around. All was well by bedtime!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin