Wednesday, September 23

using mom muscle

*IF* you are a mom to a handful of sons and think that someday when those sons grow up that their wrestling competitive ways with one another will end, I'm here to tell you to forgetaboutit! They still LOVE it whether little boys or grown boys!

Case in point....this past weekend at our home.

Their oldest sister received the honor of measuring the biceps of her brothers AND her husband who also had to participate in this manhood ritual. One by one they pumped themselves up into an Atlas pose as she used my sewing tape measure on the peak of her brothers' arms. It really was a funny thing to watch and they all simply LOVED the competition as much as the arguing afterwards about whether the winning measurement was really accurate.

Manhood muscle power at its finest.

What about momhood muscle power?

"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks." ~ Proverbs 31:17

How you doing with that?

Honestly, I laughed out loud when I read the word VIGOROUSLY. Somehow that word is not one that I would use to describe how I'm tackling my household work around here right now. In fact, the descriptive word might be quite the contrary....antonyms are slowly or aimlessly. Bingo!

"The Lord gives strength to His people...." ~ Psalm 29:11a

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." ~ Philippians 4:13

It looks like I know Who can give me strength to do all things including my household tasks.
And if I'm working vigorously at my tasks, my arms will become stronger, right? I will be able to compete with my momhood muscle power! Woo hoo!

May you seek the Lord daily for the mom muscle power you need in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Mrs. E. said...

What a GREAT post, Tammy. And thanks for the encouraging words for mom muscle power!

Angie - The Arthur Clan said...

Oh my goodness, your household sounds like so much fun!

If we measured my boys arms right now though, it would just be embarrassing. I've got a bunch of skinny little guys. They're just working on building those muscles for now...I think. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin