Friday, October 16

after this?

When actually is "after this"?

I mean, I keep saying to myself, "'after this' things will slow down and I can catch my breath a bit again getting refocused" as I look at our calendar, but it seems that "after this" never comes. Or perhaps it does and I've missed it because something else fills in my time?

And I'm saying it again this morning.

My garden carrots were more abundant than anticipated and after doing four canners yesterday, I have one more to do this morning. As well as making a dessert for a luncheon following a funeral this afternoon which my husband and I will be attending. And fitting in school corrections somewhere in the day. Plus preparing for a son and his fiancee's visit home this weekend as they'll arrive this evening. Plus pulling the tomato plants and all those green tomatoes out of the garden. Plus planting that glorious garlic in my garden. Plus cooking up some more applesauce. Plus....well, you get the picture, don't you?

But, "after this" weekend things should settle down a bit and I should be able to catch my breath and refocus a bit again.

We'll see about that, won't we?

In the meantime, I'll get on that list for today right "after this" moment of catching up to my granddaughter who keeps running in here with one pink boot on her foot as she she chatters and checks on grandma.

Yup, right "after this".....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

I hear ya. I admire you for managing to teach your kids yet too, among all the busy-ness. I could see that being the first thing put on the back-burner around here!! You know, because there's always tomorrow...

ChiGirl said...

I hate to tell you but "after this" is Thanksgiving...and "after that" is Christmas...and "after that" is New Year's...and "after that" is: Garden Catalog Looking!!! See? It'll go so fast, you'll be back to gardening in no time!! ....Ah, don't we wish it worked like that???

mom said...

At least my kids are all getting old enough that they can work independently for the most part which I am very thankful for on busy days!

Ohhhh, but I don't even want to think about all those big things coming up and I definitely don't like time to go so fast "after this"! LOL!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin