Thursday, October 8

critter treats

Although at the end of the gardening season we only had a few non-edible cobs of corn still attempting to grow, all was not lost. Corn stalks are a wonderful outdoor decorating item and I can cut and arrange them the way I like because they are coming straight from my garden during our garden clean-up time.

The bonus was also having a variety of sunflowers to cut and stick into my corn stalk bundles to dress them up a bit.

This year I made up an extra bundle of corn stalks to dress up the end of our driveway. Recently when I pulled into the driveway, I noticed that the bundle was a little crooked looking. Hmmmm, I figured it was probably from all the wind we had recently had until yesterday when I came one step closer to the truth. Lying on the driveway were the sunflower stalks. Without the beautiful sunflowers. Apparently some critter thought they'd make a tasty treat and proceeded to eat them ALL! We've been speculating as to who would have enjoyed the sunflowers the most....squirrels? deer? raccoons? Hmmmm.....I'm not sure we'll ever find out UNLESS.....

.....whoever the critter is gets enough courage and bravery to come up to the house where this great big beauty is attached to the porch post!

Life sure is an interesting adventure, isn't it?

Enjoy your day as you consider the unexpected ways God blesses and takes care of the critters in the woods. Then consider the unexpected ways God blesses and takes care of YOU whom He loves so much! It's guaranteed to put a smile on your face :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

How fun to stretch your garden beauty into the fall...love the sunflowers tucked in with your golden cornstalks.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin