Thursday, October 29

fully mine

Last night before bed I read a bit until I hit a line that was a wonderful thing to ponder as I fell asleep. It was a simple, yet profound bit of truth in my sleepy state of mind as I had been reading about our Eternal God. He is the same God today that Abraham or David or Paul encountered. Nothing about God has changed through all time to the present or into the future. He is all those wonderful *omni* words! Much too mighty and powerful and awesome for me to even comprehend at times. And yet....

"I have every right to claim all for myself, knowing that an infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as it there were no others." A.W. Tozer

As the mother of a large family, I find this amazing! Simply amazing! All day long I'm giving a part here and a part there and a part in another state and, well, there's lots of parts of me that go in a lot of directions. I'm definitely not fully belonging to one at any time. No matter how much I'd like to be. Not even close.

Then I consider all the people on this planet and cannot even begin to imagine how God keeps track of them all let alone gives Himself fully to each one of His children. He has no favorites. He loves each one with the same depth that He loves the next one or the one thousands of years ago or the one He'll love fifty years from now.

Wow! And cool! And how thankful I am to be reminded of God's complete and full presence in my life!

May life in your garden be a bit more full on this day as you consider God's love for just YOU!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

What a wonderful thing to ponder.

And it makes me think that I've jokingly said, "I'm God's favorite." Well, I think He truly does think that about each of us (and not just me ;-)

How wonderful is our Father and how I wish I could know Him more.

It sounds like a lovely book...which Tozer book are you reading?

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Nezzy said...

I believe God created each one of us uniquely so He could love each one of us in a special way. He is just too awesome for this chick to even try to wrap her brain around.

Have a terrific day feeling that love!!!

mom said...

Kimmie, I'm reading God's Pursuit of Man right now. It is fun to think I'm God's favorite and so are you!

Nezzy, it is too awesome to wrap our brains around, isn't it!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Rhonda said...

God's love is amazingly perfect. How had that is for me to embrace at times.
Thank you for this post.
Beautiful!

Rhonda said...

oops sorry I meant to say, "how hard that is for me to embrace at times..."
;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin