Friday, October 2

laughter on the wrong side

Remember when I recently wrote about waking up on the wrong side of the bed? Well, this morning I literally did wake up on the wrong side of the bed!

After spending the afternoon on garden clean-up, I was soooo tired last night and after supper my only thought was about falling into my bed to sleep. But there were a problem with that thought. The boys were watching a movie on our regular TV downstairs, so my husband and daughter set up the little TV on our bed to continue the movie series they've been watching together every night this week.

Okay, so I thought I could do some blog surfing for awhile until this part of their movie was done, but that didn't work at all. Reading was making me even more tired. I finally opted to crawl into bed on my husband's side of the bed since they had the TV/DVD set-up more on my side of the bed so my daughter could sit in my rocking chair to watch. I thought it may be hard to fall asleep because of the music and strange dialogue from the movie (Lord of the Rings), but I don't even remember closing my eyes nor hearing them put away the TV stuff and going to bed.

When I woke up during the night for a run to the bathroom, I rolled over to swing my legs out of the bed only to have my legs swiftly kick my husband! It was then that I remembered I was on the wrong side of the bed! Once back in bed, I fell right back to sleep.

When my husband woke me up early this morning as he got up for a breakfast meeting, he was exclaiming how he had gotten such an incredible night of sleep (obviously he didn't recall the swift kick!) and now knew why I was so beautiful. It was because my side of the bed provided beauty sleep!

I'm sharing this to let you know that waking up quite literally on the wrong side of the bed can provide you with abundant hearty laughter when you wake up in the morning! Laughter IS the best medicine and I truly think it can create more beauty in your life than sleeping on the right side of the bed.

Try it! Try switching sides of the bed with your mate for one night of sleeping. See if YOU wake up with laughter and if he wakes up more handsome!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


2 comments:

ChiGirl said...

When I was pregnant with our first, I swore my husband's side of the bed was more comfortable. I seriously couldn't sleep on "my" side. So he begrudgingly switched with me for about 3 months...and when I was ready to switch back, he didn't want to, because he liked it!! LOL

mom said...

Sooooo, whose side do you sleep on now? His or yours? hee hee....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin