Monday, October 26

simple woman's daybook for October 26

For today October 26

Outside my window.....
the skies are very gray and the cool air is a bit drizzly.

I am thinking.....about an article that I'm writing which is due the end of the week.

I am thankful for.....the warm woodburner that keeps our home a steady cozy warm.

I am wearing.....fuzzy socks, blue jeans, and a white long sleeved shirt with a wine colored old sweater thrown on top.

I am hearing.....girls talking about this and that in the kitchen instead of doing their schoolwork.

I am continuing to create.....a wreath from the vines from my pruned garden kiwi plants. It turned out to be a much more labor intensive project that I thought when I started, but it's almost finished!

I am going.....to stay home as much as possible this week and hopefully avoid the illness that is going around our community.

I am reading.....God's Pursuit of Man by A. W. Tozer

I am remembering.....principles of peace making and how complicated things can get when they aren't followed according to Scripture.

I am hoping.....
to work on my portion of the address list for our upcoming family wedding's invitation list.

On my mind.....is how important it is to be challenging junior high and senior high students on Biblical issues so they are well grounded when they leave home. Such a battle the enemy is waging on young adults to pull them away from a godly path!

From the learning rooms.....schooling will be a bit more intensified as mom is no longer called to outdoors tasks and can focus on her students better.

Noticing that.....even the cat doesn't enjoy going outside much these days with the cooler wet rainy - or snowy! - weather.

Pondering these words...."It is well that we accept the hard truth now: The man who would know God must give time to Him. He must count no time wasted which is spent in cultivation of His acquaintance. He must give himself to meditation and prayer hours on end." A. W. Tozer

From the kitchen....
is a mess as the child on kitchen duty has been remiss in accomplishing said kitchen duties.

Around the house.....are little pieces of dried leaves that the dogs have dragged in upon their paws.

One of my favorite things.....is hugging my older boys once in awhile while they do the "awwww, mom" thing.

A few plans for the rest of the week....schooling, wreath working, list making, Bible study mid-week, ironing, and letter writing to an aunt.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....


As I've been trimming vines for my wreath, I stick the excess vines and sticks into a basket outside on my porch as a decorative gathering next to the pumpkin. While doing that, I ran across the end of a vine that was a heart shape. Awwwwww!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at Simple Woman Daybook today.

Have a wonderful late autumn day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your so right about the teen years and being grounded. I feel the same way.
Lisa

Mrs. E. said...

Aren't you clever with recycling your vines into something pretty!! You'll have to post a picture. I love the heart too. I hear the hardest part of the wedding can be narrowing down the guest list. You have a full plate. I had to smile at the "hugging older ones" comment.

Tammy said...

Oh I just love when I am able to grab a hug from one of my older boys! There's usually a bribe involved... but I'll take what I can get. :)

Rhonda said...

Tammy I just love this post!
It makes gratitude well up!

mom said...

I hope to take a picture when I finally get done with my vine wreath. It's one of those things I just can't quite tweak the way I want it yet. Soon, I hope!

Yes, hug them when and while you can! My son who was the hugger is now away from home and I realize how much I miss his random mom hugs...

Awww, thanks for stopping by, Rhonda!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Patty said...

Oh, how true it is about the complications caused when principles of peace making are not followed. Oh that I could get this right always! Enjoyed your post. Have a blessed day.

A Gracious Home said...

That picture is great. I would have never known it just grew that way. My 18 yr old grandson lives with us until school starts. I can tell he doesn't like hugs like he did when he was younger. My four year old grandson wants dozens of hugs from me. I love hugs. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

Blog Widget by LinkWithin