Tuesday, November 10

better than lotion

In my world of randomness, there are sometimes things like this.....

.....which I often don't find out about until I download my camera and see that once again unauthorized personnel have used my camera.

Yes, it's a dog with his head on the pillow all covered up for a nap. Since I knew I had occasionally seen the dog lying on the foot of the makeshift beds that we formed when my oldest daughter and granddaughter came for a visit, I wasn't totally surprised. But sheesh! The pillow? The blanket? Fuzzababy?

After they went home and k
nowing that the dog had slept on the makeshift beds, all the bedding got thrown into the wash. And when it came time to throw the sheets into the laundry from the bed my oldest daughter had slept in, the usual battle resulted. "Noooooo! We want to sniff her a bit longer!"

Ahhhh, but I'm getting smarter! I went into the bathroom and pulled out the bottle of lotion that is on the counter that everyone uses and reminded them that the coveted scent comes from that particular lotion. ANYONE can have that scent. It's available to each person who comes into our house. So, if they wanted that scent, all they'd have to do is use that lotion themselves. Simple, eh?

It was simple until the lotion ran out and I had to purchase new lotion last week finding that they changed all the labels! YIKES! It was so easy before to just pick up the replacement because I knew what it looked like and had never really looked to see if it had something special in it or if it was a restoring lotion or if it was an advanced moisturizer or if had collagen elastin in it or whatever. Yup, yikes again! Since I don't have a good "sniffer" even sniffing each lotion didn't help me much. I guess the ultimate test will happen when my oldest daughter comes home, wears the lotion, and the girls do the sniff test on the bed she sleeps in.

We can all have a scent from the things we put on the outside, but a more accurate fragrance of who we are comes from the inside. As I find my heart drawn to godly women who cross my path, there is a distinct essence about them that isn't found anywhere else. Getting to know them better leads me to the foundation of those qualities.....God's Word.

God's Word. Available to everyone and anyone and can be found anywhere. It is never changing or newly improved, but has been solidly trustworthy and steadfast since the beginning. Oh sure, you can walk past it and indulge in the many Christian books out there each with their own philosophies, but if they aren't worthy and solid, you could end up smelling like a dog. Blech!

The best fragrance will come from those who pick up the Bible, read it, and use it in their lives. It isn't a once in awhile thing, but is instead an ongoing steady filling of God's Word that permeates every area of their life as God's Spirit works leaving a lingering heavenly scent everywhere they go.

Perhaps some wonderful advice that would come not only from fragrant godly women but straight from God's Word would be these verses:

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me--put these things into practice, and the God of peace will be with you." ~ Philippians 4:8-9

Yup, better than any lotion out there!

Use it in your garden and see what happens!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

keri said...

truly a fantastic picture!!!!! ;)

mom said...

Thought you'd think so! LOL!

And here I thought the pooch loved coming here because he could run big wild circles in the yard, but it's all about the accommodations :-p

Love you!
Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin