Sunday, November 15

Simple Woman's Daybook for November 16

For today November 16

Outside my window.....
the skies are mostly clear and blue promising a mild late fall day.

I am thinking.....that this week is going to fly by as there's so much to do before the boys head out for huntin' season.

I am thankful for.....a stash of fabric that could keep me quilting for a long time.

I am wearing.....a denim skirt with a dark green hooded sweatshirt thrown over a minty green shirt that was too cool to wear in the house on this frosty morning.

I am hearing.....a snoring dog over by our bed.

I am attempting to create.....a Christmas list for myself that has more than candles on it, although I truly would be happy if that was the only thing I ever got as a gift.

I am going.....to hopefully get at some deeper cleaning again this week.

I am continuing to read.....God's Pursuit of Man by A. W. Tozer

I am praying.....for continued provision for our family as we are very soon heading into my husband's slow time of his work year.

I am remembering.....the better days of the medical care system when everyone paid for all their services and insurance was only for the big emergency kind of things.

I am hoping.....to get all my photos organized so I know what I need to print off my camera and clean out my camera card.

On my mind....are the opening verses of yesterday's sermon from Titus chapter three knowing that it will only be through the mighty power of the Holy Spirit working in my life to conquer my ohhhh so weak flesh so I do NOT to express my thoughts and react to the current government administration in a manner that would not be Christlike.

From the learning rooms....will be corrections, corrections, and more corrections as the teacher has been schoolwise distracted over the past week.

Noticing that....my vision continues to change making some tasks more difficult as I get older. Anyone want to thread my sewing machine needle for me?

Pondering these words...."We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Winston Churchill.

From the kitchen....will be some baking for the boys to take hunting with them.

Around the house.....I've noticed that my laundry area has gotten quite out of control and I need to clean it up. There's still piles of summer clothes caught up with our current clothing and I need to get them packed away!

One of my favorite things.....is little girls playing together and giggling.

A few plans for the rest of the week....a women's meeting tonight as well as the start of the church's children's Christmas program practice, schooling and corrections, quilt sewing clean-up so I can start the next quilt, Bible study mid-week, a package sending to my son's family, and a note or two to friends.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

Here's a picture of the pineapple upside down cake that I baked for my husband's recent birthday. It's a once a year rare treat that he enjoys!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Have a wonderful late autumn day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~



4 comments:

buff said...

mmmm you have inspired me with that cake....good eating have a good day

quilt-n-mama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog quilt-n-mama.blogspot.com and I enjoyed visiting yours! The cake looks like such a treat! I love having a fabric stash too though I wish I had more time to enjoy quilting it:)
Blessings,
Gayly

Kimmie said...

After reading this I just want to come over and give you a big hug. I am so glad God has made us friends.

Thank you for sharing your day with me.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

A Gracious Home said...

The cake is beautiful. I know your husband enjoyed it. I remember the days where every one paid the dr and no one had insurance. It seemed simpler. I wish we didn't have to think about those things but we do. We are lucky in AR because our lower income children are covered by Arkids. I hope you have a great Christmas practice. Doylene

Blog Widget by LinkWithin