Monday, November 2

simple woman's daybook for November 2

For today November 2

Outside my window.....
the skies are a continued cloudiness.

I am thinking.....that I really need to be more decisive as I'm going through bookshelves right now and should only keep books I've read that are worthy of these shelves AND books that I am committed to reading in the future. The rest of the books really need to be boxed up and moved out. They really do....

I am thankful for.....the time change and the return of getting up early in a quiet house.

I am wearing.....a denim skirt and a multi striped shades of green mock turtleneck.

I am hearing.....my husband talk to the dogs as he lets them back into the house.

I am creating.....a quick pink baby quilt.

I am going.....to stay home as much as possible this again week and hopefully avoid the illness that is going around our community.

I am reading.....God's Pursuit of Man by A. W. Tozer

I am remembering.....how life was in our early married days and how much better things are now, especially since realizing a while back that I can't change my husband as God is the only one big enough for that job.

I am hoping.....
to do a simple craft with my girls that I saw this morning on a post called A Paper Harvest over at the HSBA Post

On my mind.....is thinking over yesterday's sermon in conjunction with the book I am reading about real authentic change found in our lives through the years as a believer.

From the learning rooms.....schooling is going well and I'm enjoying listening to my littlest with her simple reading skills which are getting better every day.

Noticing that.....when my life is more settled, my children are more settled. Truly, a mother does set the temperature of her home.

Pondering these words...."Our civilization cannot survive materially unless it be redeemed spiritually." ~ Woodrow Wilson

From the kitchen....
will no doubt be some more applesauce.

Around the house.....coats and hoodies not hung up, but slung over chairs. This ever changing weather leaves us in limbo of never knowing what to wear when we leave the house.

One of my favorite things.....is the tickle of my husband's bearded hunting face. I'm glad it's gotten beyond the prickly stage!

A few plans for the rest of the week....schooling, Bible study mid-week, quilt sewing, and continued deep cleaning throughout the house. And yes, I'm still working on that wreath....

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....


Here is a picture of our crabapple tree during a recent early snow. The day after it snowed, all the green leaves completely dropped off the tree. As of today, the tree looks lonesome with no leaves but tons of crabapples still clinging to the branches. I'm surprised we haven't yet seen the deer eating the crabapples off the tree.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook today.

Have a wonderful late autumn day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

What a lovely picture you painted for me with your words. We had a crab apple tree in our front yard at the last house. The birds loved them. They dried on the tree but didn't fall off. I bet God planned that so the birds would have the fruit in the winter.
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Mama Bear

Tina said...

I love this time of year when Craig grows his beard! It is one of my favorite things too. . .Love the pic of the crabapple tree!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin