Monday, November 23

Simple Woman's Daybook for November 23

For today November 23

Outside my window.....
the skies are mostly cloudy and the temperatures are quite mild for this time of the year.

I am thinking.....that this week has too few hours for everything I'd like to accomplish.

I am thankful for.....a quieter household while the menfolk are hunting.

I am wearing.....a dark blue skirt with a three quarter length sleeved cream colored top that has small dark blue flowers all over it.

I am hearing.....the girls chatter while they eat their breakfast.

I am creating.....a new place for our old computer to be set-up as I don't like the space it takes up in our living room, especially since it seldom gets used anymore.

I am going.....to FOCUS on the projects on my list! Really, I am!

I am reading.....Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris which I snatched off the dresser of an older son who is gone hunting.

I am praying.....for safe travels for family members later in the week.

I am remembering.....last year's Thanksgiving Day and how wonderful it was to have everyone home and together!

I am hoping.....that I will be bold to TOSS as I clean through a couple clutter spots in my house.

On my mind....is a son far away who has difficult weeks ahead and whose life is encountering so many spiritual battles. My heart is kept in an attitude of prayer for him.

From the learning rooms....will only be a bit of reading with my littlest as this is a scheduled school vacation week.

Noticing that....there are still alyssum plants doing well down by my rock garden. They must be close enough to the house to have been protected a bit by the colder weather. It's nice to see the greenery and delicate white flowers.

Pondering these words...."If we as Christians do not speak out as authoritarian governments grow from within or come from outside, eventually we or our children will be the enemy of society and state." ~ Francis A. Schaeffer

From the kitchen....will be quiet cooking until the pie baking begins Wednesday morning.

Around the house.....there's a bit more peace and orderliness as I've cleaned areas of the house that were out of control. Wish it would stay this way :::sigh:::

One of my favorite things.....is talking to the grands on the phone, even if all they do at the other end of the line is giggle :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week....the children's Christmas program practice at church tonight, continued cleaning projects, the return of our hunters, family arriving, a Thanksgiving meal, and hopefully some more girls time at the end of the week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

This was the center of a quilt I just made and gave away to a single mom who is due with her first baby sometime in the next few weeks. I hope that it will be a reminder of how much God loves her in midst of the circumstances and challenges she is facing right now.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

ChiGirl said...

I'm LOVING the non-traditional quilties!! :)

mom said...

I seem to be on a symbolism theme with my quilts lately which means they really don't have a design...haven't yet decided if this is a good thing or not? I'm just glad little Chum likes his! :-)

Love you!
Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin